Over the last four years, charcuterie has grown by 45% on menus.* Create a twist on the trendy charcuterie board by adding this meat-centric pizza to your menu. Utilize a combination of existing sliced cured meats from your back-of-house to create this new pizza experience for your customers.
Recipe provided by Grandé
- 16-oz. pizza dough ball, slacked
- Olive oil (as needed)
- 11.43 oz. (1 log) Grande Cepponelli Fresh Mozzarella, drained
- 3 oz. assorted thin-sliced cured meats, such as prosciutto, pepperoni or soppressata
- ½ oz. (3 quarters) marinated artichoke heart quarters, drained
- ½ oz. (2 tbsp.) peppadew peppers, drained and sliced
- ½ oz. (2 tbsp.) green olives, pitted and drained
- ½ oz. (2 tbsp.) black olives, pitted and drained
- ½ oz. (2 tbsp.) red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ oz. (½ c.) fresh arugula
- ¼ oz. (2 tbsp.) Grande Shaved Parmesan
- 2 oz. (3) cherry peppers, drained (optional)
- 2 oz. (¼ c.) Alfredo sauce (optional)
- 1 oz. (2 tbsp.) basil pesto (optional)
Stretch dough to form a 14” crust. Brush the dough evenly with olive oil. Slice the mozzarella log into 12 slices. Arrange 9 of the slices evenly over the dough, reserving 3 slices. Arrange 1 oz. prosciutto over one third of the pizza, 1 oz. pepperoni over another third and 1 oz. soppressata over the last third.
Arrange the 3 quartered artichoke hearts in the center of the pizza. Arrange ½ oz. each of peppadew slices, green olives, black olives and red onion over the pizza. Top with the remaining 3 slices of mozzarella.
Bake in an impingement oven at 450°F for 5 to 5½ minutes or in a deck oven for 8 to 10 minutes, until the crust is golden-brown and the cheese is melted. Slice into 16 square-shaped pieces and garnish with ¼ oz. each of arugula and shaved Parmesan. Serve accompanied with cherry peppers, Alfredo sauce and pesto portioned in separate ramekins, if desired.
*Datassential, August 2020