Sponsored by Smithfield Culinary
Add true Italian zest to your breakfast with this recipe from Margherita.
- 12 oz. sliced Margherita Pepperoni
- 12” parbaked pizza crust
- ¼ c. Alfredo sauce
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh chives, minced
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. minced shallots
- ½ tsp. minced garlic
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch slurry
- ½ c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Spread pepperoni on tray and parbake for 3 minutes at 375°F to render some fat off.
- Spread Alfredo sauce on crust, spreading to edges.
- Top evenly with shredded mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Add chopped hard-cooked eggs over top.
- Scatter parcooked pepperoni over top.
- Bake at approximately 375°F for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Slice in 6 to 8 pieces per pizza and scatter chives over top.
- For Alfredo sauce, sauté shallots and garlic in butter until lightly golden.
- Add heavy cream and bring to boil.
- Turn to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add cornstarch slurry to thicken.
- Whisk in Parmesan cheese and black pepper.