Show attendees to explore Association member benefits, products at booth #6300
(Chicago) The National Restaurant Association/National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF)the restaurant industry’s leading trade association and educational foundationwill highlight its programs and services and much more in its exhibit booth #6300 at the 2008 National Restaurant Association Restaurant, Hotel-Motel Show®. The Show will be held May 17-20, at McCormick Place in Chicago.
“That National Restaurant Association and the NRA’s Educational Foundation provide a range of programs and services to our members and the foodservice industry that are second to none,” said Dawn Sweeney, President and CEO of the National Restaurant Association. “We offer a host of educational products that are the best on the market, focusing on food safety training and certification and programs to help train tomorrow’s workforce. We also offer access to research, expert advice, partner services to help improve business success, recruitment and retention programs, and serve as the industry’s voice on public policy issues. I encourage all attendees of the 2008 Show to stop by the Association/NRAEF booth #6300 located at the entrance to the North Hall.”
Highlights at the Association/NRAEF booth this year include:
* The recently released ServSafe Fifth Edition materials, including textbooks and Instructor training tools, were redesigned to meet the needs of today’s workforce. ServSafe team members will be available to demonstrate how the more engaging, streamlined, impactful and current materials are bringing food safety training to life.
* ServSafe Starters is a multimedia food safety training offering targeted to the hourly employee. The training focuses on the basics of keeping food safe, including practice good personal hygiene; control the time and temperature of food; prevent cross contamination; and clean and sanitize surfaces. Each topic is 10 minutes in length and can be delivered by a manager or taken independently. The offering is available in print form as well as online delivery, and is available in English and Spanish.
* The ServSafe Alcohol program provides responsible alcohol service training for all front-of-the-house employees. The ServSafe Alcohol Fundamentals of Responsible Alcohol Service, Spanish textbook will debut at this year’s show. Show attendees will be the first to experience this new responsible alcohol service Spanish training tool.
* Information about the Association’s Conserve Initiative. In order to help restaurant and foodservice outlets conserve natural resources and become more sustainable, the Association’s Conserve initiative will provide tools, tips and resources to restaurants about adopting eco-friendly, cost-saving business practices.
* The Association has partnered with Fishbowl Marketing, the leader in e-mail marketing for the restaurant industry, to provide exclusive rates on customizable e-marketing services. Founded by a restaurateur and staffed with restaurant veterans, Fishbowl focuses on helping restaurants with their unique marketing needs.
* Applications and information on the Association’s annual Restaurant Neighbor Award, which recognizes restaurants exhibiting excellence in community service. American Express is the award’s founding partner.
* Dedicated staff will be on hand to guide attendees through the many benefits available to Association members. Association membership has many other advantages, including automatic membership in state restaurant associations, a members-only Web site, free subscription to the Association’s newsletter, discounts on publications and programs, and much more.
* The ProStart and ManageFirst programs introduce nearly 100,000 high school and college students to careers in the restaurant and foodservice industry each year. Staff will be on hand to discuss how industry professionals can find and hire this top talent to help secure their workforce.
* The National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation’s Scholarships Programs will award $1.7 million in scholarships in 2008 to high school seniors, undergraduate students and teachers looking to pursue or further a career in the restaurant and foodservice industry. Staff will be on hand to talk to visitors about how they can get involved in the program, which draws funds from sponsors, donors and NRAEF special events and auctions.
Association and NRAEF publications will also be available in the NRA Show Bookstore on the Mezzanine Level of McCormick Place North.
Now in its 89th year, the annual National Restaurant Association Restaurant, Hotel-Motel Show is the largest single gathering of restaurant, foodservice and lodging professionals in the Western Hemisphere. The 2008 Show will be held May 17-20, at McCormick Place in Chicago, Ill. The Show attracts 2,000+ exhibiting companies and 70,000 attendees and visitors from all 50 states and 115 countries. More information can be found on the Show Web site at www.restaurant.org/show. For more information on the International Wine, Spirits & Beer Event, visit www.winespiritsbeer.org .