Sponsored by Grandé Cheese
- 8-oz. pizza dough ball, slacked
- 9 oz. (9 slices) Grande Avorio Fresh Mozzarella, sliced
- 5 oz. plum tomatoes, hand-crushed
- 3 oz. tomato sauce, prepared
- 2½ oz. olive oil, divided
- ¼ oz. basil, chopped
- Grande Romano cheese, grated, to taste
- Sea salt, black pepper and oregano, to taste
- Garlic oil, to drizzle
- Slice 9 oz. Grande Avorio into 9 slices. Pour 1½ oz. olive oil into a 12” x 12” pan to coat the inside of the pan with oil. Place dough in pan and coat dough with oil. Push dough out to the ends of the pan and let rest for one hour in a warm area. Gently re-push dough out to the corners of your pan. Lightly dimple the dough with your fingertips. Par-bake your pizza for 8 to 9 minutes at 500° to 550°F.
- Warm 5 oz. hand-crushed plum tomatoes and 3 oz. tomato sauce and set aside.
- Remove pizza from the oven and pour the remaining 1 oz. of olive oil around the sides of the pan. Top with Grande Avorio slices, leaving ½” border around the outer edge. Place pizza back into the oven and bake for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden. Remove pizza from oven and pan, slice into 9 pieces and spread blended sauce diagonally across the pie. Finish with salt, pepper, oregano, Grande Romano, basil and garlic oil.