- Aussie beef is the star of four new burger-themed pizzas recently unveiled at Domino’s Pizza Australia.
- “We live in the golden age of delivery,” said one company executive, “and burgers have yet to ketchup.”
Related: Report: Domino’s closes all of Its Stores in Italy
Is Domino’s Pizza Australia turning into a burger joint? Not exactly, but four new pizzas on the menu might make some customers wonder.
The chain has unveiled four new burger-themed specialty pizzas in their new Burger Joint Pizza Range, which launched August 8.
“We have taken almost 40 years of experience and developed a burger specifically for the delivery generation,” Domino’s ANZ CEO David Burgess said. “No more soggy bread rolls and limp lettuce. Domino’s is bringing home the burger—on a pizza!”
Each pie features 100% Aussie beef, American cheese, “butter pickles” (presumably bread-and-butter pickles) and the requisite special sauce. The goal is to create a “whole new burger experience,” according to Michael Treacy, the chain’s director of culinary innovation and development.
Still, he couldn’t resist tossing in a not-so-new pun. “We live in the golden age of delivery, and burgers have yet to ketchup,” he said.
“They’re often cold or falling apart by the time they reach your door because they were simply never designed to be delivered,” Treacy said. “What makes our Burger Joint pizzas so incredible is that our premium ingredients were chosen for maximum burger goodness while ensuring they could be delivered hot and fresh just like a Domino’s pizza.”
The Burger Joint Pizza Range includes:
- Burger Joint Cheeseburger: Beef burger pieces, American cheese slices, mozzarella, butter pickles and sauce
- Burger Joint Bacon Cheeseburger: Beef burger pieces, American cheese slices, mozzarella, butter pickles, crispy bacon and sauce.
- Burger Joint Hamburger: Beef burger pieces, American cheese slices, red onion, tomato, mozzarella and butter pickles, finished with mayonnaise and ketchup.
- Burger Joint Bacon Hamburger: Beef burger pieces, American cheese slices, red onion, tomato, mozzarella, butter pickles and crispy bacon, finished with mayonnaise and tomato ketchup.