In the spirit of Earth Day’s 40th Anniversary, Pizza Fusion has launched a nationwide search for the greenest, most eco-friendly pizza recipe in the country with the Pizza Fusion Earth Day Video Contest.
This isn’t your typical contest. This contest is an online, 100% paperless competition with earth-friendly prizes and is being judged by a panel including Chef Aaron McCargo Jr., star of Food Network’s Big Daddy’s House and Michael Singer of Bon Appétit Magazine.
The prizes are “green” too. Included is:
· Trip for Two to an Organic and Sustainable Vineyard
· A Year’s supply of Organic Beverages from Honest Tea and Give Natural Spring Water
· An “Eco-Design” bike from Trek Bikes
· The winning recipe posted online at Pizzafusion.com
· $100 Gift Card to Pizza Fusion
· $100 Gift Card to Whole Foods
Here’s how the contest works:
- Participants upload their short recipe video clip on YouTube.
- A panel of judges will review the top five YouTube videos that garner the most views through Friday, April 30th.
- Participants are encouraged to spread the word about their video to family and friends through social media avenues such as Facebook and Twitter.
- One winner will be announced online Monday, May 3rd
Joining Vaughan Lazar, president of Pizza Fusion, as a judge will be Chef Aaron McCargo Jr., star of Food Network’s Big Daddy’s House; Michael Singer, online editor of Bon Appétit; and Craig Agranoff, blogger and founder of WorstPizza.com; and Jen Friel, actress and blogger of TalkNerdyToMeLover.com. They’ll be judging the recipes for creativity, earth-friendly value, overall presentation and edibility.
And to truly give back to the planet, participants and their supporters can also make contributions to Share Our Strength®, a national organization that works hard to make sure no kid in America grows up hungry, in Chef Aaron McCargo Jr.’s name. During the entire month of April, participating Pizza Fusion locations will set up “dough-nation” buckets where 100 percent of the proceeds go to Share Our Strength as well as online at www.PizzaFusion.com.