According to a news report from southtownstar.com, “Americans eat about 350 slices of pizza each second. In a year, the average pizza-loving American will down some 23 pounds of pizza.”
“October is National Pizza Month, so let’s have a look at some other fun pizza statistics from Bolla Wines and the National Restaurant Association
• Pepperoni is the nation’s favorite topping.
• Gourmet toppings, such as oysters, dandelions, sprouts and tuna are gaining popularity.
• More than half of Americans like meat on their pizza.
• Women are twice as likely as men to order vegetarian toppings.
• Per capita consumption of mozzarella cheese in this country was 9.6 pounds in 2003, overtaking cheddar as America’s favorite.
But Americans aren’t the only fans of pizza. Consumption is picking up around the world. Here are some fun statistics, courtesy of Domino’s Pizza and Numero Uno Pizzeria…”