Auburn man sues Domino’s over wire bristles left in pizza

Ouch, that bite stings.

According to the Seattle Times, an Auburn man is suing a local Domino’s Pizza outlet over claims he swallowed wire bristles from a cleaning brush left behind in his Friday night takeout order, which pierced his intestines and required emergency surgery.

"Mike Norman, 50, a Boeing product manager, said he took one bite of a Canadian bacon and pineapple pizza Sept. 19, only to feel a 'sharp tearing' in his throat," Seattle Times said. "He washed the pizza down with juice and bread, but said he later felt a “dull pain” in his gut. Doctors eventually removed two 1 ½-inch fine-gauge wire bristles from his stomach, according to a complaint filed this week in Pierce County Superior Court.

Read more about the Domino's pizza lawsuit over wire bristles