Boca Raton, Fla. – Steve’s Wood Fired Pizza knows how to keep flames burning with crowds throughout Florida. In 2005, this pizzeria sold more than 30,000 of its hand-stretched dough pizzas and served more than 35,000 customers. Now it introduces new delicacies to its guests like the Asian Calamari appetizer, seasoned flour calamari tossed with spicy Asian sauce.
Steve’s Wood Fired Pizza offers its guests 50 different types of freshly-prepared thin-crust pizzas with cheese, five cheeseless pizzas and 55 different toppings to choose from to make a distinctive pizza. The new menu encompasses: four types of hot sandwiches, seven salad wraps, five appetizers, 31 different pizzas with cheese, three cheeseless pizzas, 10 pasta dishes and six desserts.
Some of the new artisan additions include:
* Marinated Chicken Hero- A grilled boneless chicken breast sandwich topped with tomato, basil and fresh mozzarella served on focaccia bread.
* Putenesca-A pizza made with black olives, fresh garlic, capers, anchovies, mozzarella cheese topped with fresh oregano.
* Bambino-A white pizza with roasted garlic, baby spinach and marinated grilled chicken.
* Mom’s Ziti Pizza- Steve’s homemade tomato sauce and Mama’s meat sauce with creamy ricotta cheese over semolina pasta and mozzarella cheese.
* Toasted Almond Tiramisu- A dessert made with lady’s fingers, soaked in amaretto layered with mascarpone crème and topped with Italian amarettini cookies and roasted almonds.
The pizzeria also serves appetizers and desserts, as well as an array of coffees, teas, soft drinks and alcoholic beverages. Its 10″ pizzas are freshly-prepared and made with low-fat mozzarella cheese.
“We only use the highest quality and the freshest ingredients at Steve’s Wood Fired Pizza,” said Steven Greenberg, owner of Steve’s Wood Fired Pizza. “We hand roll and stretch our dough and then put the pizza in our wood-fired oven. Our oven helps seal in the flavor of the toppings and gives our guests a crisp pizza.”
Steve’s Wood Fired Pizza uses a wood-fired oven from Italy that produces a dry heat up to 900 degrees, which locks in the rich aromas of oak and cherry wood. The wood gives the crust a smoky flavor and provides a healthier alternative to the traditional way of cooking pizza.
After working in the pizza industry for more than 25 years, New York native Steven Greenberg opened Steve’s Wood Fired Pizza on Oct. 15, 1999 in Boca Raton, Fla. The Tuscan designed 1,200 sq. ft. pizzeria seats 40 guests and is decorated with antiques that Greenberg collected throughout the years. The restaurant is venturing into franchising its pizzeria concept across the nation this year. Greenberg envisions the concept growing to 50 pizzerias in the next five years. For more information about franchising opportunities, call (561) 859-1600.
The restaurant is open Monday from 4 p.m. – 9 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday from 11:30 a.m. – 9:30 p.m. and Sunday from 3 p.m. – 9 p.m.