Harris Poll Survey Says Pizza is Good For Your Love Life
"Honey, let's order pizza" is one of the sexiest things you can say to your significant other, the survey found.
California Pizza Kitchen, which just rolled out its new Spicy Chorizo pizza, also commissioned a Harris Poll survey that uncovered some fun facts for National Pizza Month.
Take heart, pizzeria owners: Even if your sales are hurting a bit this year, you’re still in the right business, according to a Harris Poll survey commissioned by California Pizza Kitchen.
Just in time for National Pizza Month, the just-for-fun survey, which polled 2,027 U.S. adults age 18 and older, surprised no one with its finding that pizza is still Americans’ favorite food by a long shot. It also found that ordering pizza is great for your love life. And if Americans could only eat one food for the rest of their lives, it would be Salisbury steak. Just kidding! Obviously, it would be pizza.
Here’s a look at some of the more interesting results of the survey:
- Pizza is America’s favorite guilty pleasure and the No. 1 food dieters choose as their favorite cheat-day treat (chosen by 25 percent of respondents).
- For the second year in a row, pizza would be Americans’ first choice (21 percent) if they could only eat one food for the rest of their lives.
- Nearly nine in 10 Americans (86 percent) would be willing to give up something they love for a year in exchange for free pizza whenever they craved it. Forty-five percent would give up rose wine or reality TV. Thirty-six percent of U.S. millennials would give up avocados.
- Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is the top choice for the celebrity Americans would most want to share a pizza with (18 percent), followed by Betty White (15 percent) and Ellen Degeneres (11 percent). They were trailed by pop superstars like Ariana Grande, Beyonce and Justin Bieber as well as actor Chris Pratt, Jimmy Fallon and even Oprah Winfrey.
- New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady (12 percent) tops the list of living sports legends that men would want to eat pizza with, while women would prefer the company of tennis pro Serena Williams (15 percent).
- In terms of online dating, 63 percent of Americans would “swipe right” for someone who mentions pizza in their profile, with men being more likely than women to do so (67 percent vs. 60 percent).
- Nearly half of Americans (44 percent), including 60 percent of millennials, believe that “Honey, let’s order pizza tonight” is one of the sexiest things your significant other can say.
There are also a couple of key takeaways of interest to pizzeria owners planning their menus. Sixty-eight percent of American parents said they wish restaurants offered more veggie-forward menu options for kids, while nearly half of Americans (47 percent) said they’d feel less guilty about indulging in pizza if it featured veggie toppings or a veggie crust.