Mellow Mushroom announced the launch of its new “persona,” brought to life through a refreshed logo, menu, website experience and more. On the cusp of the brand’s 50th anniversary next year, Mellow Mushroom has always served up stone-baked pizzas and a “modern, psychedelic state-of-mind.”
Embodying its “Higher Order of Pizza” mantra, Mellow Mushroom is bringing guests a dose of new sensory experiences with the rebrand. According to the brand, that is happening through the menu’s meticulously sourced and prepared foods, mellow vibes and creative design, all alongside the brand’s signature pizzas that started it all.
“This rebrand has been a true labor of love—over a year in the making—for our entire team, and we’re very excited to officially roll it out across the nation,” said Anne Mejia, VP of brand development for Mellow Mushroom. “This launch honors where we came from while redefining the future of Mellow Mushroom with a fresh look.”
The Mellow Mushroom experience will transform digitally and in-restaurant as it begins to roll out across all 160-plus locations. Drawing inspiration from celestial and psychedelic designs, the new look includes:
- A new logo debuting colorways including purple, “Mel’s Mood” (is it a mushroom? Is it a pizza slice?). It features a mash-up of curvy and straight lettering representative of the brand’s high standards for the best food and fun, laid-back atmosphere
- A new website offering a personalized and modern user experience, including new ways to pay like Apple Pay, a new online catering channel and more
- Refreshed visuals and themes featuring new vibrant color schemes, employee uniforms and more
- New signage and newly designed menus rolling out across Mellow Mushroom locations nationwide
- The evolution of the brand’s mushroom character, “Mel O. Mushroom,” who will now don a new modern look
- An upcoming prototype Mellow Mushroom location opening in Atlanta’s Grant Park next year, designed from the bottom up to reflect Mellow’s new look and guest experience, including counter service, improved back-of-house technology and new, modern menu flavor profiles for both food and beverage
- A revamped online retail shop with newly minted graphic tees, headwear and more, all featuring the brand’s new look
- The launch of Mellow Mushroom’s first ever connected TV campaign, beginning Nov. 14
Touted for its cult-like following and counterculture essence, Mellow Mushroom blends the boundaries between art, music, high-quality ingredients and passionate standards for dining. According to a press release, each individual restaurant is uniquely reflective of its local community while holding true to Mellow Mushroom’s core values and brand.
The main menu boasts fan-favorite pizzas like the Holy Shiitake Pie with olive oil and garlic base, shiitake, button and portobello mushrooms, caramelized onions, mozzarella and Wisconsin aged-white cheddar, finished with a garlic aioli swirl and a spritz of black truffle oil and garnished with fresh chives and shaved parmesan.
The first Mellow Mushroom was founded on pizza and beer, and guests can find a huge selection of the best local and international beers on tap at every location. Behind the Mellow Mushroom bar, a variety of made-from-scratch mixers and electric spirits come to life in the form of Liquid Karma Cocktails, with standouts including The Campfire Peach Margarita made with Casamigos Blanco & Mezcal Tequilas, peach, jalapeno and house-made agave sour.
Aside from the decorated brand’s passion for all things pizza, Mellow Mushroom has worked hard to establish a presence within the future of sustainable dining. Fully equipped with a heavy environmental focus since its founding in 1974, the brand says it sources eco-friendly pizza boxes with a negative carbon footprint (made from 100% recycled materials, their boxes were recently dubbed the “greenest” in the country). The company received an award for The Steel Keg Association’s inaugural 2023 “Keg Champion Award” in the regional restaurant category for its reusable steel kegs. The company also utilizes recycled paper bags and paper straws, and has eliminated single-use plastic containers from all locations.