SPRINGDALE, Ark. (May 2008)-Tyson Food Service, a division of Tyson Foods, Inc., is reaffirming its promise to support operators through its new marketing campaign, Working at the Heart of Your Menu™. Tyson Food Service believes that the center of the plate is the heart of the meal, and it’s here that purchase decisions are made.
The new campaign launched in February with multichannel print advertising highlighting operators’ connection with consumers via the menu. At the heart of the menu is the food that defines the operator, and Tyson Food Service offers superior products, brands, and support that help create lasting connections between customers and the meals they love. Through cutting-edge consumer research, Tyson Food Service has identified consumers’ demand for high-quality signature dishes; this leaves no room for second best. By knowing what drives consumers to order, Tyson Food Service is Working at the Heart of Your Menu to offer the right products, at the right time, to drive even more demand. The ad and marketing campaign highlights the superior products from Tyson Food Service under the Tyson®, IBP®, Wright®, Bonici®, Mexican Original®, and Star Ranch Natural Angus Beef™ brands.
“In today’s foodservice environment our customers are looking for real-world solutions from a partner that has an eye on the changing consumer, and ideas to help operators capture a new generation of customers,” said Rodger Starnes, vice president of food service marketing and customer development, Tyson Food Service. “Working at the Heart of Your Menu sends a clear and proven message that Tyson Food Service is right there with them- at the center of plate, working hard to deliver smart new insights, ideas, and innovative products that they can trust to help grow their businesses.”
Foodservice operators attending the National Restaurant Association (NRA) Show will be introduced to Ideas @ the Heart- menuing and merchandising platforms fueled by the Tyson Food Service proprietary insight engine that identifies market-ready consumer trends.
“This year our booth at the NRA Show will have a much different look than in past years,” said Starnes. “The Working at the Heart of Your Menu message will be brought to life at this year’s show through Ideas @ the Heart consumer connections. The Tyson Food Service booth takes attendees to the heart of their customers by helping them better understand the heart of consumers’ lifestyles and eating habits.”
The Ideas @ the Heart menuing and merchandising platforms highlighted at the NRA Show booth are-
– Ideas @ the Heart of Around the Clock Dining-As go-go-go lifestyles often make traditional mealtimes difficult, consumers are looking for smaller-portion snacks and time-neutral meals that allow them to eat whatever, whenever the mood strikes.
– Ideas @ the Heart of Fresh Takes on Old Favorites-People love the classics, especially updated with modern panache. Comfort foods attract new interest when taken a step outside the comfort zone for contemporary twists in flavor and form.
– Ideas @ the Heart of Manly Meals-Forget portion control. These guys want big meals, big flavors, and big satisfaction.
– Ideas @ the Heart of Affordable Luxury-In an era of responsible spending, consumers want to be pampered at a reasonable price.
For menus, meals must be rich in indulgence and value to satisfy the new demand for deluxe on a dime.
– Ideas @ the Heart of Value-People need to eat, and work and lifestyle pressures aren’t providing them with more time to cook at home, so they are looking for ways to optimize their budgets while eating out.
– Ideas @ the Heart of Chick Foods-Women want cravable, colorful and fun foods made just for their style.
For more information on how Tyson Food Service is Working at the Heart of Your Menu, visit www.tysonfoodservice.com or call 1-800- 24-TYSON.
Tyson Foods, Inc. [NYSE: TSN], founded in 1935 with headquarters in Springdale, Arkansas, is the world’s largest processor and marketer of chicken, beef, and pork, the second-largest food production company in the Fortune 500 and a member of the S&P 500. The company produces a wide variety of protein-based and prepared food products and is the recognized market leader in the retail and foodservice markets it serves. Tyson provides products and service to customers throughout the United States and more than 80 countries. The company has approximately 104,000 Team Members employed at more than 300 facilities and offices in the United States and around the world. Through its Core Values, Code of Conduct and Team Member Bill of Rights, Tyson strives to operate with integrity and trust and is committed to creating value for its shareholders, customers and Team Members. The company also strives to be faith-friendly, provide a safe work environment and serve as stewards of the animals, land and environment entrusted to it.