According to SMH.com.au, "A Domino's pizza store has been given the NSW Food Authority's biggest fine this year after it was found to have endangered customers' health by preparing pizzas near rotting food, grease and dirt."
Primary Industries Minister Steve Whan said the Domino's at Quakers Hill was ''one of the worst examples of food safety and hygiene breaches'' in the state. Austotal Enterprise Partners, which owns the store, was fined $116,000 and its director was fined $13,500 for 24 breaches of the Food Act. 'The Domino's store and its director were guilty of a sustained and ongoing disregard for the cleanliness, maintenance and control of pests of the premises,' Mr Whan said."
"Food Authority chief scientist Lisa Szabo said food debris and cockroach activity at the store increased the risk of customers developing dangerous food-borne illnesses. Authority investigators found the floors covered in dirt, grease and decomposing food, and drains were blocked and putrid."