Sponsored by Galbani
The award-winning Popeye Pizza, created by Chef Michael LaMarca of Cleveland-based Master Pizza, features an array of delicious veggies, like spinach and artichokes, along with Galbani Premio Mozzarella/Provolone Tigrato Cut Shreds. These shreds are shorter and wider to provide better coverage, plus the cheese reheats well, making it perfect for slices, takeout and delivery. Do more with less with Tigrato Cut Shreds, and do more for your customers’ taste buds with the Popeye Pizza.
- 21–24 oz. pizza dough to fit a 15” or 16” pan
- 1 oz. Galbani Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- Pinch black pepper
- 1¾ oz. fresh spinach
- 9 oz. Galbani Premio 50/50 Mozzarella
- Provolone shreds
- 4 oz. artichoke hearts, chopped
- 5 oz. fresh tomatoes, sliced or chopped
- Olive oil to grease pizza pan
- Garlic butter or extra-virgin olive oil to spread on dough
- Balsamic glaze for garnish (optional)
- The morning you want to make the pizza, remove the dough from the refrigerator, and shape into oblong ball. Use olive oil to grease a 15”–16” pizza pan, and press out the dough ball into the pizza pan. Cover with plastic wrap, and let rise at room temperature, 3 to 5 hours.
- Brush panned pizza dough with a liberal amount of garlic butter or extra-virgin olive oil.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top of the dough.
- Sprinkle the oregano and the black pepper on top of the Parmesan cheese.
- Add the fresh spinach, and then the Mozzarella Provolone Shreds.
- Add the chopped artichoke hearts, and then the chopped tomatoes.
- Bake pizza for 8 to 10 minutes around 425˚F. Bake longer if you prefer a well-done pizza.
- Remove from oven. For an optional garnish, drizzle with balsamic glaze.