The award-winning Northwest Traditional is much more than a standard pepperoni-and-sausage pizza, according to its creators at Farrelli’s Pizza, which has multiple locations in Washington State. “For the crust, we took our housemade dough and added an 18-hour room-temperature fermentation,” a company statement reads. “This extra step gave us a lighter, crispier crust with some big fermentation flavor. We also added two extra hours of proofing time. Galbani Premio Mozzarella gives the pizza a very smooth and creamy texture, while Galbani Provolone adds a very sharp cheese flavor, and the freshly grated Galbani Parmesan lends a nutty, salty component. Some people might think this is a simple two-topping pepperoni-and-sausage pizza, but, to us, it is a recipe that shows our growth over 20 years and our commitment to quality and continuous improvement.”
- 48-hour-aged dough, stretched out to 12”
- 2 oz. sauce
- 6 oz. Galbani® Premio Mozzarella/Provolone Tigrato® Cut Shreds
- 8 basil leaves
- 12 slices thick-cut pepperoni
- 3 oz. Italian sausage
- 2 oz. honey cream cheese sauce
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 oz. Galbani® Parmesan, grated
- For the honey cream cheese sauce, mix 6 c. of cream cheese, 8 c. of heavy cream, 1 c. of honey, and 1 tsp. of salt. Whisk well and place in a squeeze bottle.
Sauce and top the pizza with cheese, basil, pepperoni and sausage. Bake for 7 minutes in a wood-fired oven at 625°. Remove from oven and place on a screen for 4 minutes to release built-up steam. Finish with drizzle of honey cream cheese sauce, red pepper flakes and Parmesan.