Through The Foodservice and Beverage Industry
March 20th, 2008, HARTFORD, CT: The Connecticut Hospitality Industry is gearing up for the 4th Annual Connecticut Restaurant & Lodging Show
to be held October 6th and 7th at Hartford’s spectacular Connecticut Expo Center. Building upon what was created back in 2005, the Connecticut Restaurant & Lodging Show (CTRL) continues to evolve as the most efficient and cost effective way to meet foodservice and beverage industry professionals, conduct business, and stay connected to an evolving industry.
“We are thrilled with the progress this show has made over the years and applaud the exhibitors who have been with us since year one, ” says CTRL Director Jamie Swanson, “Each year holds something new for us and everyone involved.” Jamie, a 25-year trade show veteran, saw the need for a trade show here in Connecticut due to the magnitude and growth of the hospitality industry throughout the state.
A broad spectrum of exhibitors is in place and eager to share their products, services, and ideas with the talented array of restaurateurs and hoteliers throughout CT and even our New England neighbors. “Buy Local” is a mantra in the hospitality field nowadays, which our local farmers and food distributors are excited to showcase this year. Beer, wine, and spirits producers will share the spotlight with high-tech bar/storage/refrigeration equipment. The latest kitchen hardware is met with prepared food products and specialty ingredients. Design elements, furnishings, POS systems, inventory services, and credit card programs, share space with reservation companies and tabletop marketing pieces. Best of all, the industry comes together as a whole to enjoy and improve upon the business of hospitality.
This year’s event, featuring over 120 vendors, will be held at the CT Expo Center, allowing for easier building access for exhibitors, single level accessibility, free parking, and am off-the-highway centralized location that makes attending the event a breeze.
Event highlights include:
· Top Shelf Bartenders Contest presented by KC 101 Radio. Countywide contests will be held leading up to the CTRL.
· PMQ’s CT Pizza Champion Competition
· Micro-Brew Garden with Yankee Brew Magazine’s beer expert Gregg Glaser
· CT Chef’s Association Ice Carving Competition
· Results-Driven Workshops on topics that hospitality professionals really care about, such as marketing, cost savings, menus and pairings, and customer retention. Industry supporters scheduled to share their expertise include: Steve Green, the Publisher of PMQ’s Pizza Magazine, Linda Kavanagh, publicist/food and travel writer and the owner of MaxEx Public Relations
· Industry Meetings
· More TBA
The 4th Annual Connecticut Restaurant & Lodging Show is rolling out the red carpet this year and is already online and awaiting your arrival.
4th Annual Connecticut Restaurant & Lodging Show
Monday and Tuesday, October 6 & 7, 2008
Expo Center, I91 exit 33