- Slice Register will put the same technology tools and data insights that Domino’s franchisees receive directly into the hands of independent pizzeria owners, the company says.
- Slice also debuted Slice Rewards, a new incentive program for consumers using the Slice app.
The new product, introduced today at Slice’s 2021 MAKE Conference, will put the same tech tools and data insights that Domino’s franchisees receive directly into the hands of independent pizzeria owners, the company said in a press release.
Slice also announced the launch of Slice Rewards, which the company calls “the nation’s largest rewards program for pizza-lovers.”
“Slice Register and Slice Rewards are the latest tools we’re offering our massive network of independent pizzerias to help these local businesses thrive amid the challenges of Big Pizza competition and predatory delivery apps,” said Slice CEO and Founder Ilir Sela. “The more Slice can help each local pizzeria be more efficient and digital-first, the better the experience consumers will have and the more orders they’ll confidently make.”
“It’s a win-win,” Sela added. “We know from our own data that the more closely we work with each shop owner, the more successful they will be.”
The new product makes it easier for local shops to sell to their consumers by intelligently increasing the amount of and accuracy of customer data that each pizzeria has available to them.
The announcement of Slice Register comes on the heels of Slice’s acquisition of point-of-sale software company, Instore. With 10 years of experience developing best-in-class software for merchants worldwide, former Instore CEO Matt Niehaus and his team joined Slice in late 2020. Building on Instore’s functionality, Slice Register is centered around payments, integrated online and offline ordering, labor management, consumer engagement, and features designed to drive revenue growth for shops.
“Pizza as a category is unique,” said Matt Niehaus, former CEO of Instore and now senior vice president of payments at Slice. “Pizzerias have a unique set of ordering requirements and a complicated menu. They benefit from the move to digital more than any other restaurant category due to the importance of delivery and repeat complex orders.”
“In my experience, most point-of-sale systems do a poor job serving pizzerias because they’re focused on a wide range of cuisine and other retail businesses,” Niehaus noted. “Every feature we’ve developed for Slice Register is specifically designed for independent pizzerias and what they need to thrive. Through a single workflow, shop owners can manage deliveries, handle promotions and take orders online, in person or over the phone.”
The hardware and software included in Slice Register are available to most shops in the Slice network at no additional cost, free of set-up fees or monthly payments.
Slice Register’s highlights include:
- For pizza people by pizza people: The system, designed specifically for pizza, makes it easier to customize pizzas, subs and more and is optimized to drive faster and more efficient ordering.
- Simplify the business: Slice Register integrates with Slice Ordering to put all online, phone and in-person orders into one easy-to-use system with consolidated daily reporting and payouts.
- Empower with technology: Automated email and mobile marketing is personalized to each pizzeria’s customers’ ordering habits to drive loyalty.
- Manage on-the-go: Get real-time business activity and update menus quickly with Slice’s mobile-friendly dashboard.
- A complete view of every customer: Automatically store repeat customers’ information and purchase history made online, in-person or over the phone. This will speed up orders, eliminate mistakes and maximize customer satisfaction.
Meanwhile, Slice Rewards is a new incentive program for consumers using the Slice app. Customers on the Slice app will earn a Pizza Point on orders of $15 or more. After they collect eight Pizza Points, they will earn a free large cheese pie. Slice launched this new feature in an effort to create a dependable and rewarding experience for the nearly 5 million users on its app, thus bringing more repeat orders to the shops in the Slice network.
Given the footprint of Slice’s network, this loyalty program becomes the largest loyalty program in the U.S., the company said.