- Give your pizzeria guests a special gift this year with a Sausage Holiday Tree from Fontanini.
- Add it to your catering menu or serve it as a holiday breakfast or brunch dish with a side of maple syrup.
As the weather turns colder, your guests may be looking for a little heartier fare to fill their bellies. The Sausage Holiday Tree from Fontanini is a perfect—and perfectly delicious—seasonal addition to your pizzeria’s menu. This pull-apart breakfast-or-anytime treat lends itself to a range of serving possibilities, including:
- Add the Sausage Holiday Tree to your menu as a seasonal appetizer
- Serve as a holiday breakfast or brunch dish with a side of maple syrup
- Add this item to your holiday catering menu
1 lb. hot Italian sausage links
½ medium red bell pepper, diced
4 green onions, thinly sliced
2 8-oz. packages refrigerated crescent rolls
(or use strips of pizza dough)
Mozzarella cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 400°F. Remove casings from sausage links. Break up sausage with a spoon in a medium-size bowl and brown in a pan. Add red peppers and green onions and mix well. Unroll one package of crescent rolls and press the seams together to form one large rectangle. Repeat with the second package of crescent rolls. Spread a thin layer of shredded mozzarella on the dough. Spread ½ of the sausage mixture evenly over each rectangle. Starting from the narrow end, roll up the dough, jellyroll-style. Cut each roll into 8 equal slices and place on their sides on a baking sheet, forming a Christmas tree. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink and crust is golden-brown. Serve warm.