An increased demand for vegetable-rich and Celiac-conscious dishes has inspired Chef Anthony Russo to offer new menu options for a variety of diets at Houston-based Russo’s New York Pizzeria, with locations in Texas, Oklahoma and Florida.
November is Gluten-Free Diet Awareness Month, and Russo’s will roll out new gluten-free items for Celiac and gluten-sensitive customers, with an emphasis on gluten-free pizzas. Participating locations of Russo’s will offer 20 percent off all menu items ordered online throughout November with the use of the promo code DELIV20. Click here for more information.
“Dishes on our menu, which includes 100-year-old family recipes, feature nutrient-rich ingredients that innovatively renew traditional favorites with a healthy twist,” Russo said in a press release. “We’re excited to bring these fresh flavors to our loyal following. We’re certain these items will complement our existing dishes perfectly.”
The new items and their ingredients include:
● Gluten-Free Pizza Crust: Water, rice flour, potato starch, olive oil, honey, tapioca flour, fresh yeast and salt.
● Cauliflower Pizza Crust: Roasted cauliflower, smoked pancetta ham, Italian sausage, portabella mushrooms, mozzarella cheese and Sicilian extra-virgin olive oil garlic sauce.
● Gluten-Free Vegan Minestrone Soup: Fresh zucchini, squash, cannellini beans and light, fresh tomato broth.
● Gluten-Free Chicken Pesto Pasta: Grilled chicken, Roma tomato, fresh artichoke hearts, fresh assorted vegetables, housemade pesto sauce and gluten-free penne pasta.
● Gluten-Free Baked Ziti Pasta: Gluten-free penne pasta, ricotta cheese, Wisconsin mozzarella, Pecorino Romano, and fresh basil with Russo’s homemade marinara sauce.
● Gluten-Free Tuscan Vegan Veggie Pizza: Gluten-free crust with marinara sauce, zucchini and squash, portobella mushrooms, black olives, eggplant, artichoke hearts and fresh arugula.
● Gluten-Free Chicken Rustica Pizza: Gluten-free crust with grilled chicken, fresh spinach, fresh basil, feta cheese, Roma tomatoes, Wisconsin mozzarella cheese, and Sicilian extra-virgin olive oil garlic sauce
● Gluten-Free Bianca Pizza: Gluten-free crust with Buffalo mozzarella, prosciutto di Parma, fresh arugula, mozzarella cheese and Sicilian extra-virgin olive oil garlic sauce
● Gluten-Free Prosciutto & Fig Pizza: Gluten-free crust with Prosciutto di Parma, arugula, basil, fig spread, Sicilian extra-virgin olive oil, Wisconsin mozzarella, and balsamic glaze.
● Gluten-Free Truffle Mushroom Pizza: Gluten-free crust with fresh portabella mushrooms, Wisconsin mozzarella cheese and truffle olive oil sauce, topped with fresh arugula.
“Being able to adapt our menu like this showcases our commitment to staying ahead of dining trends,” Russo said. “It’s a joy to be able to create new dishes and pizza varieties for our life-long fans.”