(Press Release) London–Professional food and drink buyers visiting next month’s Natural Food trade Show will be treated to a record number of new natural, organic, biodynamic, Fairtrade, free-from and special diet products for 2013, says organiser Diversified Business Communications UK. Returning to London’s Olympia on 7-8 April, over half of this year’s New Product Showcase entries, which currently includes over 250 products (up 20% on 2012’s total) have been entered into the food, organic food, drink, and special diet categories.
Notably, given that today’s announcement coincides with the launch of the Soil Association’s annual Organic Market Report, of these four showcase categories for 2013, new Organic food and drink products (to date) have the most entries of all. This rise in new innovations being launched onto the organic market reflects the continuing growth in the global sales of organic food and drink, which according to analysts Organic Monitor, has risen over 25% since 2008.
Despite the continuing economic downturn affecting all sales, not least organic products in the UK (reported by the Soil Association today to have fallen 1.5% to £1.64bn over the last year) – this year’s Organic Market Report did announce some key areas of growth. Organic catering and restaurant sales, for example, rose by 1.6% in 2012. Specialist organic suppliers, such as Ocado, Abel & Cole, Riverford, Whole Foods Market, Planet Organic, and many independent retail outlets across the UK, also saw a rise in organic sales (up 6.4% in the case of Ocado); with online sales now worth an estimated £4.1m a week. Whilst the under-35s, the so called ‘Jamie generation’, which account for 16% of all sales, are cited as having significantly increased their average spend in 2012.
Talking to Natural Products magazine’s editor Jim Manson earlier this week, Jim Twine, the Soil Association’s business development director, was upbeat about the prospects for the UK organic sector: “Despite the fall off we’ve seen in the recession, there are a lot of committed organic consumers out there. Indies are really well placed to take advantage of this – they are already, their organic sales are growing. Also, for the first time we’ve got the hard data to show that the ‘Jamie generation’ is making its impact. And by definition, pulling through these younger shoppers means you are building the future generation of organic consumers,” says Twine.
Natural & Organic Products Europe, of which the Natural Food Show is a part, has been helping to launch new brands into the natural and organic market since 1997. As the only dedicated trade event of its type in the UK, the Natural Food Show, which features nearly 300 exhibitors from all around the world, is perfectly positioned to offer visiting retailers and foodservice buyers with a lucrative opportunity to stock their shelves (real and virtual) and refresh their menus with the best choice of new food and drink options for their current – and future – organic consumers.
The following is just a sample of new Organic Food and Drink products featuring in this year’s New Product Showcase:
· Aduna – Aduna Baobab
· Alara Cereals, Of The Earth Superfoods & Pertwood Farm Organic Oat Cereals – Alara Scottish Gluten Free Oatmeal; Alara Scottish Gluten Free Porridge; Alara Scottish Gluten Free Muesli; Alara Scottish Gluten Free Granola; & Of The Earth Organic Beetroot Powder
· Azimut-Vester – Raw Wild Garlic in Virgin Olive Oil; & Raw Biscuits – Walnut & Orange
· Birchall Tea – Birchall Organic Redbush
· Canah International – 70% Super Hemp Protein
· Casa Lucena – Portugal – Extra Virgin Olive Oil BIO
· Clearspring – Organic Green Tea Blends
· Community Foods – Tarantella range; & Shady Maple pouch
· Doves Farm Foods – Figgy Flapjacks; Cocoa & Quinoa Sandwich Biscuits; & Chocolate Chip & Quinoa Biscuits
· Dynamic Health Laboratories – Organic Tart Cherry Juice Concentrate
· Friland Organic – Sea Salted Dry Cured Rasher; & Organic Dry Cured Loin of Bacon with a Crunchy Citrus Pepper Coating
· Horizon Natuurvoeding BV – Monki Pumpkin Seed Butter
· Lovechock – Lovechock: Mulberry/Vanilla
· Lucy Bee Limited & PGRHealth foods Limited – Lucy Bee's Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
· Marigold Health Foods – ROO BAR Chia Coconut Raw Super Bar
· MeliaOrganic – Porkilicious; & Bambini Pasta
· Mirabilia Organic Olive Leaf Tea – Mirabilia Organic Olive Leaf Tea
· Mood Foods – Ombar; & Ombar Strawberry & Cream Chocolate
· Ogilvy's – Brazilian Plateau
· Omega Nutrition – Pumpkin Seed Protein Powder; & SportsPRO
· Pro Organika – Vegan Organic Ice Cream
· Pukka Herbs – Peppermint & Licorice tea
· rawLicious – rawLicious Raw Kale Chips; rawLicious Raw Snackaroons; & rawLicious Raw Crackers
· SlendierSlim – Healthy Eating Made Easier – SlendierSlim Organic Fettuccine
· Suma Wholefoods – Organic Pasta Bunnies
· Tazaki Foods – Yutaka Organic Miso Paste
· The Booja Booja Company – Booja Selection Box
· The Raw Chocolate Company – Raw Chocolate Goji Berries Snack; Raw Chocolate Mulberries Snack; Raw Chocolate Goji Berries 200g; Raw Chocolate Mulberries 200g; Raw Chocolate Goji Berries 100g; Raw Chocolate Mulberries 100g; Pitch Dark Raw Chocolate Bar 44g; & Goji & Orange Raw Chocolate Bar 44g
· TIANA Fair Trade Organics – TIANA Organic Coconut Water
· Triballat Noyal – Sojade On-The-Go Choc Soya Dessert; & Sojade Organic Calcium Rice Drink
The full New Products Showcase listing (to date) can be viewed at
Whilst the New Products Showcase is often the first port of call for many visitors, there is a wealth of new organic food and drink launches to be enjoyed across the show floor. These include three new organic, herbal tea blends (Fennel, Peppermint and Chamomile) from British tea brand, Higher Living; Rochester Root Ginger – a new Summer refresher aimed at serious ‘gingerholics’ from Original Drinks; a unique range of organic snacks, including Organic and Fairtrade cashews with chilli and Organic candied ginger coated with organic and Fairtrade dark chocolate, from Happy People Planet; What On Earth will be showcasing four new additions to its organic pizza range – the Piccante, Pescheria, Miabella and El Greco; and to celebrate its 20th anniversary this year, Clearspring will also be launching organic instant white miso soup paste, organic wasabi powder and a traditional Japanese naturally sweet drink called Amazake.
New organic exhibitors for 2013 include Miditerra Organic in Argentina’s pavilion, whose extra virgin olive oil from Mendoza is listed in the Top 50 ranking of the World’s Best Olive Oils; Lou Bio in the French Pavilion, an organic-biscuit manufacturer of palm-oil-free sweet and savoury organic snacks; Saint Jean (also in the French Pavilion), which produces organic, speciality quenelles and pasta for the retail and catering markets; Wedderspoon Organic, who’ll be introducing its new Honey on the Go Travel Packs, containing single serving pouches of its best selling Raw Manuka 16+ honey; and the Philippines’ new Pavilion, which boasts seven participating companies showcasing organic rice, coffee, coconut, vinegar, and other regional specialties.
The Natural Food Show takes place on 7-8 April 2013 at Olympia London. The show is part of Natural & Organic Products Europe, which also includes Natural Beauty & Spa, Natural Living and Health & Nutrition sections.
The event is free to attend for pre-registered trade visitors and relevant press representatives. To register please visit www.naturalfoodshow.co.uk (http://www.eventdata.co.uk/Visitor/NPE.aspx?AffiliateCode=NPE1328) and quote priority code NPE1328.