TERIYAKI BBQ CHICKEN PIZZA
yield: 1 14 pizza, or 2-3 servings
1 tsp. Garlic, minced
1 tsp. Ginger, minced
1/4 c. Teriyaki basting sauce
1/2 c. BBQ sauce
2 T. Orange juice
3 T. TABASCO brand SWEET & Spicy Pepper Sauce
2 T. Soy sauce
1 T. Lime juice
1 tsp. Honey
8 oz. Chicken breast, sliced
2 T. Peanut oil
12 oz. Prepared pizza dough
2 T. Cornmeal
2 c. Mozzarella cheese, part-skim, shredded
1/4 c. Broccoli, small florets, blanched in salted water
1/4 c. Red pepper, 1/4 strips
1/4 c. Purple cabbage, cut into thin ribbons
2 T. Scallion, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. In a sauce pot over medium heat, saute garlic and ginger lightly. Add teriyaki
sauce, BBQ sauce, orange juice and TABASCO SWEET & Spicy Pepper
3. Combine soy sauce, lime juice and honey. Pour this marinade over the
chicken breast and marinate for 20 minutes.
4. Saute chicken slices in peanut oil over high heat until almost cooked through.
5. On a flat work surface, flatten pizza dough into a 14 disk, leaving a 1/2
raised rim around the edge. Place on a wooden pizza peel sprinkled with
cornmeal. Spread an even layer of sauce on pizza dough. Next spread a layer
of mozzarella cheese. Distribute chicken, broccoli, red peppers and cabbage
on top of cheese.
6. Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes until crust is golden brown. Remove from
oven and top with scallions.