SMOKY TURKEY CHILI CAST-IRON SKILLET PIZZA
yield: 1 12 pizza, or 2-3 servings
1 lb. Ground turkey
pinch of Salt
pinch of Pepper
1/2 c. Onion, diced
1 T. Garlic
1/2 c. Green bell pepper, diced
5 T. Chili seasoning
2 c. Tomatoes, canned, crushed
2 T. Tomato paste
1-1/2 c. Beans, canned, pinto
1/4 c. TABASCO brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce
1 c. Beer
2 T. Rosemary, fresh, chopped
12 oz. Prepared pizza dough
2 T. Olive oil
2 T. Cornmeal, coarse
3/4 c. Refried beans, canned
1-1/2 c. Cheddar cheese, shredded
2 T. Green onion, chopped
1/2 c. Sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. In a large pot, brown turkey meat over medium-high heat. Season with a
pinch of salt and pepper. Remove and drain fat.
3. In same pot, add onions, garlic and bell peppers. Cook over medium heat for
3-4 minutes. Add chili seasoning, tomatoes, tomato paste, pinto beans,
cooked turkey meat, TABASCO Chipotle Pepper Sauce and beer. Cook for
another 15-20 minutes over medium-low heat. Finish with chopped
4. On a flat work surface, flatten pizza dough into a 14 circle. Brush a 12 cast iron skillet with olive oil and sprinkle with coarse-ground cornmeal. Lay dough
in skillet so that dough goes up the sides like a pie crust.
5. Spread a layer of refried beans on the bottom of the dough. Next spread chili
and top with cheddar cheese.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until crust is golden brown. Remove from oven and top with green onions and sour cream.