Tender shrimp and zesty Italian sausage sauted together with vine ripe cherry tomatoes and fresh basil tossed together with a garlic-butter sauce and angel hair pasta. Served topped with lots of melted buffalo mozzarella cheese.
- 2 oz. Bonici Old World Specialties Italian Sausage, Large Chunk (#101817-269)
- 6 Shrimp, peeled, deveined, tail-on, 26-30/lb.
- 6 oz. Angel Hair Pasta, cooked al dente
- 3 oz. Cherry Tomatoes, cleaned, cut into quarters
- 1/8 tsp. Kosher Salt
- White Pepper, ground, pinch
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, pinch
- 2 oz. Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, cubed
- Basil, fresh, julienne, to taste
Garlic Butter Sauce: (Approximate Yield: 15 oz.)
- 1 tsp. Olive Oil, light
- Garlic, fresh, chopped,to taste
- 6 oz. White Wine, Chablis
- 8 oz. Butter, unsalted, softened at room temperature
- Kosher Salt, to taste
- Arrange frozen sausage crumbles in a single layer on a parchment lined sheet pan. Cover tightly and slack in cooler between 32 and 36F prior to use.
To assemble single serving:
- Heat the olive oil in a saute pan over medium high heat. Once hot, add the shrimp and Italian sausage crumbles and saute for 2-3 minutes or until the shrimp are partially cooked on both sides and the sausage begins to brown.
- Next add in 2 oz. of the garlic butter sauce and simmer for 1 minute. Add in the heated angel hair pasta (dunk the pasta in boiling water and drain well) and allow to simmer for 1 minute.
- Toss in the cherry tomatoes, kosher salt, white pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, 1 oz. of the fresh mozzarella cheese and 1/8 oz. of julienne basil, and quickly toss together. Arrange the pasta in a serving dish, placing the shrimp atop the pasta. Garnish with the remaining fresh mozzarella cheese and the remaining 1/8 oz. of basil.
Garlic Butter Sauce:
- Heat the olive oil in a sauce pot over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute. Immediately add in the white wine, bring to a boil and then turn down to a simmer. Continue to simmer until there is almost no liquid left in the sauce pot.
- Remove the sauce pot from the heat and whisk in the butter. Season with kosher salt, cover and hold hot at or above 135F.
Serving Size: 1 Shrimp and Sausage Pasta Caprese (Approx. 14 ounces)