Fluffy egg, sausage, smoky bacon and lots of cheese hand-rolled, pinwheel style, in classic Italian pizza dough- baked fresh and served with a side of maple syrup or sausage gravy for dipping.
- 1 oz. Bonici Old World Specialties Italian Sausage, Large Chunk (#101817-269)
- Tyson Bacon Pieces (#45355-928)
- 1 Bonici 12×16 Sheeted Pizza Dough, cut into 5 x 12 rectangles (#25360-269)
- 1 oz. Cheese blend, shredded, (shredded Cheddar, shredded Monterey Jack)
- 2 Eggs, whole, fresh, scrambled, cooled, covered and held below 40F.
- Arrange Italian sausage and bacon pieces in a single layer on separate, parchment lined sheet pans. Cover tightly and slack in cooler between 32 and 36F prior to use.
- Arrange sheeted dough on a sheet pan. Cover tightly and slack in cooler between 32 and 36F prior to use.
To Assemble Single Serving:
- Lay the 5 x 12 dough, on a clean work surface, with the longest edge parallel to the edge of the table. The dough should be oriented with the 5 side vertical and 12 side horizontal.
- Portion 1oz.of the cheese blend over the top of the surface of the dough, leaving a border around the perimeter. Distribute the scrambled eggs evenly over the cheese.
- Top the egg and cheese layers evenly with the bacon and sausage pieces and press slightly.
- Portion the remainingcheese blend over the layers of the other ingredients.
- With the 12 side still horizontal, roll the topped dough pinwheel style to form a log.
- Stretch the pinwheel to approximately 20 long and 1in diameter.
- With a sharp knife, cut the roll into individual pieces.
- On a greased, parchment lined sheet tray lay out rolls, in a 3×3 fashion, with edges touching (refer to the picture at the top of the page). Top rolls with the additional shredded cheese blend.
- Transfer sheet tray to a preheated 350Fconvection oven for approximately 10 minutes or until dough is cooked through.Serve immediately.
- Chefs Note: Serve with a side of country gravy or maple syrup for dipping.
Serving Size: 1 Savory Breakfast Pull Apart (Approx. Yield: 3 ounces)