Italian sausage and chicken breast strips sauted together with penne pasta, portabella mushrooms, fresh cut tomatoes, garlic and spinach in a spicy tomato sauce topped with feta cheese and Italian parsley.
- 1 oz. Bonici Old World Specialties Italian Sausage, Large Chunk (#101817-269)
- 1 oz. Bonici Roasted Chicken Breast Strips, Fully Cooked (#15446-269)
- 1 tsp. Olive Oil, light
- 1 oz. Portabella Mushrooms, cleaned, gills removed
- Garlic, fresh, chopped, to taste
- Penne Pasta, cooked al dente, 4 oz.
- 1 oz. Cherry Tomatoes, cleaned, cut in half
- Baby Spinach, cleaned, stems removed
- 1 oz. Feta Cheese, crumbled
- Parsley, fresh, chopped, pinch
Spicy Marinara Sauce: (Approximate Yield: 14 oz.)
- 14 oz. Marinara Sauce, commercially prepared
- Sriracha Chile Sauce, commercially, prepared, to taste
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, to taste
- Cayenne Pepper, ground, pinch
- Arrange frozen sausage crumbles and chicken breast strips in a single layer on separate, parchment lined, sheet pans. Cover tightly and slack in cooler between 32 and 36F prior to use.
To Assemble Single Serving:
- Heat the olive oil in a saute pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the portabella mushrooms, Italian sausage crumbles and the chicken breast strips and saute for 2-3 minutes, or until the mushrooms, sausage and chicken begin to brown.
- Next add in the garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add in 5 oz. of the spicy marinara sauce (see recipe) and heated penne pasta (dunk the pasta in boiling water and drain well) and allow to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Toss in the cherry tomatoes and baby spinach and quickly toss.
- Arrange the pasta in a serving dish and garnish with the feta cheese and parsley
Spicy Marinara Sauce:
- Combine the marinara sauce, Sriracha chile sauce, crushed red pepper flakes and cayenne pepper in a saucepan.
- Heat the spicy marinara sauce over medium-low heat. Bring to a simmer and continue to simmer for 5-10 minutes. Ensure sauce reaches a minimum temperature of 165F.
- Remove the sauce from the heat, transfer to an appropriate container, cover and cool the sauce down to 40F within four hours. Reserve for use.
Serving Size: 1 Sausage and Portabella Penne Rosa (Approx. 13 ounces)