yield: 1 14 pizza, or 2-3 servings
4 c. Yellow onions, sliced
5 T. Olive oil, divided
1 ea. Bay leaf
4 pinches Salt, divided
4 pinches Black pepper, divided
2 c. Portabella mushrooms, sliced
2 c. Crimini (or white button) mushrooms, sliced
2 c. Shiitake mushrooms, sliced
3 tsp. Garlic, minced, divided
1-1/2 c. Goat cheese
1-1/2 tsp. Thyme, fresh, chopped
1-1/2 tsp. Rosemary, fresh, chopped
1-1/2 T. Chives, fresh, chopped
1-1/2 T. Parsley, chopped
2 T. TABASCO brand Green Jalapeno Pepper Sauce
1 T. Jalapeno, minced
Prepared pizza dough 12 oz.
2 T. cornmeal
Watercress, leaves only 1/2 cup
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. Saute onions with 2 T. olive oil and bay leaf over medium-low heat until
brown and caramelized, approximately 20-30 minutes. Season with a pinch of
salt and pepper. (Tip: stir frequently during the last 10 minutes to avoid
burning). Remove bay leaf.
3. In a large preheated saute pan, cook mushrooms over high heat in olive oil.
Cook each type of mushroom in separate batches to achieve a nice brown
color and use 1 T. of oil per batch. Add 1 tsp. garlic to each batch at the
end and season each batch with a pinch of salt and pepper.
4. Combine caramelized onions and cooked mushrooms. Set aside.
5. In a mixing bowl, combine goat cheese, thyme, rosemary, chives, parsley,
TABASCO Green Jalapeno Pepper Sauce, jalapenos, salt and pepper. Mix
well until thoroughly combined.
6. On a flat work surface, flatten pizza dough into a 14 circle, leaving a 1/2
raised rim around the edge. Place on a wooden pizza peel sprinkled with
cornmeal. Use a fork to poke holes all over the dough. Bake for 5-6 minutes.
Remove from oven and spread goat cheese mixture in an even layer. Next
spread an even layer of caramelized onion and mushroom mix.
7. Return to oven and bake for an additional 5-6 minutes until crust is golden
brown. Remove from oven and garnish with watercress leaves.