yield: 4, 8 individual pizzas
8 oz. Ground lamb
1 T. TABASCO brand Garlic Pepper Sauce
1/2 tsp. Cumin 1/2
1/4 tsp. Cinnamon 1/4
1 tsp. Paprika
1/2 tsp. Garlic powder
1/2 tsp. Orange zest
1/2 tsp. Black pepper
1-1/2 tsp. Salt
Pocketless pita bread, whole wheat, 8 4 ea.
5 T. Olive oil, divided
2 c. Hummus
1 c. Feta cheese, crumbled
1/2 c. Black olives
1 c. Tomato, 1/2 diced
1 c. Roasted red pepper, 1/2 diced
4 tsp. Cilantro, chopped
4 tsp. Mint, chopped
Lemon, cut into wedges 1 ea.
1. Preheat oven to 400F and preheat grill or grill pan.
2. Make sausage: Combine ground lamb, TABASCO Garlic Pepper Sauce,
cumin, cinnamon, paprika, garlic powder, orange zest, black pepper and salt.
Mix well until thoroughly combined. Heat 1 T. olive oil in a large saute pan
over medium-high heat. Add lamb sausage, breaking it apart as it cooks.
Cook sausage until medium rare, remove from pan and drain excess fat.
3. Brush 1 side of each pita bread with 1 T. olive oil. Grill on both sides over
4. Place the pitas on a baking tray. Spread the oiled side of each pita with an
even layer of hummus. Next top with crumbled lamb sausage, feta cheese,
black olives, tomatoes and roasted peppers. Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes.
5. Remove pizzas from oven and sprinkle with cilantro and mint. Squeeze fresh
lemon juice over pizzas and cut each into 4 pieces.