Serving Size: 4
- 1/4 c. olive oil, divided
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small lime, freshly squeezed
- pinch or dash crushed red pepper
- 1 c. freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 c. dry white wine
- 2 large unripe, firm mangos, peeled, pitted and diced, divided
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 lb. jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
To prepare mojo, in a medium saucepan over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil, and cook onion for about 5 minutes, or until soft. Stir in the garlic, oregano, cumin, black pepper and lime juice, and sauté for 2 minutes more. Add the crushed red pepper, orange juice, white wine, and half of the diced mango, season with salt. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes then transfer to a blender and puree until smooth.
To cook the shrimp, preheat a heavy skillet with the remaining olive oil. Over high heat, add the shrimp to the pan and saut for a minute. Add the mango mojo and the remaining diced mango. Cook until the mojo comes to a boil and the shrimp just turns pinkish red. Remove from heat and allow the shrimp to cook through in the mango juices for another minute before serving.
Serving Suggestion: Serve on a bed of mixed greens or with whole wheat couscous.