The smooth texture and sweet flavor of Ataulfos make them a great addition to fruit salads.
Serving Size: 4
- 2 large (or 3 small) ripe, slightly soft mangos, peeled, pitted and cut in large dice
- 1 c. seedless watermelon, cut in large dice
- 1/2 small red onion, finely sliced
- 2 T. pickled jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 12 small cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 T. freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 c. watercress, washed and dried
To Prepare the Salad: To Prepare the Dressing: To Serve:
In a medium stainless steel bowl, combine the mango, watermelon, onion, jalapeno and tomatoes.
In a small bowl whisk the garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, honey and salt.
Drizzle dressing over the mango mixture and toss with cilantro and watercress.
To Prepare the Dressing:
Serving Suggestion: Remove watercress and pair with grilled chicken or fish.