- 1 c.uncooked penne or bow tie pasta
- 1/2 package Crave Brothers Farmstead Classics-Fresh Mozzarella, cut into cubes
- 2 fresh tomatoes, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/4 c.fresh basil, chopped
- 1/3 c.balsamic vinaigrette
- Salt to taste
Fill a large pot with slightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Stir in the pasta and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally until cooked through, but still firm to the bite. Drain well and let cool. In a salad bowl mix the cooled pasta, mozzarella cubes, chopped tomatoes, chopped basil and salt. Gently stir in the vinaigrette.
Yield: Serves 4
Notes: This recipe may be doubled easily. You may also add seasonable vegetables such as pea pods (cooked to a tender crisp,) zucchini, or other summer squashes. You may also substitute cherry tomatoes. Do not substitute dried basil for fresh.