- 3 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 jicama or 2 tart cooking apples, peeled and diced
- 3 bananas, peeled and sliced may dry these (opt.)
- 3 slices fresh pineapple cut into cubes
- Shredded mix of lettuces
- 1/2 c. diced, toasted peanuts or walnuts
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate (optional)
|GINGER CITRUS HONEY MINT
- 1 c. EA buttermilk and light sour cream
- 3-4 T. chopped mint
- 2 T. Buderim Ginger Pulp
- 1 T. Buderim Green Ginger Puree
- 1-2 T. EA honey, lime and lemon juice
- 1 each grated rind of lemon and lime
This is a traditional and colorful salad with a symphony of flavors. Layer it, composing a pinwheel with the ingredients, and serve it in a nice large glass bowl.
In a blender or food processor blend all ingredients until thoroughly combined and smooth. Cover label and date.
Line a salad bowl with the lettuce; fill the center with the salad and garnish with nuts and pomegranate seeds. If stick of sugar cane is available, peel, chop and add to the salad.
Recipe Source: Chef Submissions
Submitted By: Susanne E. Wilder, CFE