Sausage and Pepper Blend: (Approximate Yield: 15 oz.)
- 6 oz. Bonici Italian Sausage Crumble, Large Chunk (#1562-269)
- 2 oz. Olive Oil, light, 1/2 oz. Green Bell Pepper, 1/8 diced
- 2 oz. Red Bell Pepper, 1/8 diced
Italian Salsa: (Approximate Yield: 15 oz.)
- 7 oz. Fire roasted tomato, canned, chopped, 1/4-inch, commercially prepared
- 5 oz. Tomato, Globe, diced, 3/8 inch
- 2 oz. Onion, white, diced, 1/4 inch
- 1.5 oz. Jalapeno Pepper, seeded, 1/8 diced
- 3/4 T. Basil, fresh, de-stemmed, minced
- Kosher Salt, To Taste
- Black Pepper, table grind, To Taste
- 2 each, Mexican Original Tortilla, corn-flour blend, 4.5inch (15797-621), held hot at or above 135 F
- 6 oz. Cheese blend, Italian, Shredded (whole milk mozzarella, Provolone, skim milk mozzarella, Parmesan)
- 3 oz. Eggs, fresh, scrambled, covered and held hot at or above 135F
- Arrange frozen Italian sausage, in a single layer, on a parchment lined sheet pan. Cover tightly and slack in cooler between 32 and 36 F prior to use.
Sausage and Pepper Blend:
- Heat the olive oil in a saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the sausage crumbles and green and red bell peppers and cook for 2-3 minutes or until peppers are tender. Remove from heat, transfer to an appropriate container and hold hot at or above 135 F.
- In a stainless steel bowl combine the fire-roasted tomatoes, globe tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, and basil and gently fold ingredients together until completely incorporated. Season with salt and pepper, cover and hold below 40 F.
To Assemble Single Serving:
- Place two warm flour tortillas on a clean work surface. Distribute 1/2 ounce of shredded cheese blend over the surface of each tortilla.
- Place 3/4 ounces of the sausage and pepper blend (see recipe) down the center of each tortilla. Top with 1/2 ounce of eggs.
- Roll the taquitos up (with both ends open). Place the stuffed taquitos on a parchment lined sheet tray and bake in a pre-heated 350F convection oven for approximately 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove taquitos from oven and arrange on a serving plate with 1/2 ounces of the Italian salsa (see recipe) in a ramekin.
Serving Size: 2 Cheesy Meaty Baked Breakfast Taquitos and 1/2 ounces of Italian Salsa (Approx. Yield: 3/4 ounces)