1 each 12 inch (22.5 cm) unbaked pizza base
3 T. (54 g) Nutella(R) hazelnut spread
½ c. (112 g) Fresh ricotta cheese
½ c. (112 g) Fresh orange slices
2 oz. (56 g) Hazelnut praline (see recipe below)
21 oz. (588 g) Sugar
7 oz. (196 g) Hazelnuts, partially roasted
For the Praline:
1. Caramelize the sugar until it is a light golden color.
2. Add the nuts to the hot sugar and allow the sugar to roast them a bit more.
3. Pour the mix onto a tray and allow to cool.
4. When the mix has hardened completely, smash the praline into bits and pulse in a food processor to achieve the desired praline.
For the Calzone
1. Place the Nutella(R) in the middle of the raw pizza base and then fold over in a half moon.
2. Pinch the edges over and neatly fold to encapsulate the Nutella® inside the pastry.
3. Bake until golden brown in a pizza oven.
4. Place the ricotta and orange slices on top of the calzone and dust liberally with the hazelnut praline.