Cajun Sausage Blend: (Approximate Yield: 10 oz.)
- 4 oz. Bonici Italian Sausage Crumbles, Large Chunk (#1562-269)
- 4 oz. Bonici Fully Cooked Sliced Italian Sausage, Gas-Flushed, Bias Cut (#101393-269)
- 1/8 c. Blackening Spice, commercially prepared
- 8 1/2 oz. Vegetable Blend
- 1/2 oz. Olive Oil, light
- 2 oz. Mushroom, fresh, baby bella, sliced
- 2 oz.Roasted Bell Pepper Mix, red, yellow and green peppers, julienne cut, commercially prepared, frozen
- 2 oz. Roasted Onions, yellow, julienne cut, commercially prepared, frozen
- 2 oz. Baby Spinach, fresh, de-stemmed, cleaned
- Assemble/combine 10-inch Mexican Original Heat-Pressed White Flour Tortillas, (#7713-621), covered/wrapped and held hot above 135F, 1 each.
- 1 oz. eggs, fresh, scrambled, covered and held hot at or above 135F
- 1/2 oz. Hash Browns, cubed, commercially prepared, deep fried to manufacturer specifications, held crisp and hot at or above 135F
- 1/2 oz. White Cheddar Cheese, shredded
Arrange frozen Italian sausage crumbles and bias sliced Italian sausage in a single layer on separate, parchment lined sheet pans. Cover tightly and slack in cooler between 32 and 36F prior to use.
Cajun Sausage Blend:
- In a stainless steel bowl toss the sausage crumbles and the bias sliced sausage with the blackening spice; coating evenly.
- Heat a cast iron or nonstick saute pan over high heat.When hot add sausage and let cook without agitating for 1-2 minutes.Gently shake the pan and turn the bias sliced sausage, cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.Cover and hold hot at or above 135F.
- In a large saute pan heat olive oil over medium-high heat.Add mushrooms, roasted onions and roasted bell pepper mix.Saute for approximately 35 minutes or until mixture reaches 135F.Add spinach and toss to incorporate. Transfer mixture to an appropriate container, cover and hold hot at or above 135F.
To Assemble Single Serving:
- Place the warm tortilla on a clean work surface.
- Place the scrambled eggs, 1 1/2 oz.of the hot Cajun sausage blend (see recipe), 3 oz.of the hot vegetable blend (see recipe), the hot hash browns and white Cheddar cheese down the center of the tortilla.
- Roll tightly (burrito style) and toast on a 350 F Panini machine or flat top grill. Serve immediately.
Serving Size: 1 Cajun Grilled Breakfast Wrap, (Approx. 12 oz.)