- 4 oz. finest quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 oz. finest quality milk chocolate, chopped
- 2/3 c. heavy cream
- 2 T. sugar
- 4 oz. (1/2 c.) Crave Brothers Farmstead Classics Mascarpone, at room temperature
- 1 T. Grand Marnier or other favorite liqueur
- 1 c. finely grated pecans or walnuts
Place all ingredients except the nuts in a medium bowl. Set bowl on pan of simmering water; do not allow bowl to touch water. (Or place in top of double boiler.) Heat until melted, smooth and warm. Watch closely and stir often. Remove from heat, cover and refrigerate overnight.
Working quickly, roll refrigerated mixture into smooth 1-inch balls. Place on parchment or waxed paper. Roll the truffle balls in the finely ground nuts. Refrigerate for up to one week. These truffles are very soft; they must be cold for shaping and rolling. Remove from refrigeration about 10 minutes before serving. Refrigerate any remaining truffles.
Coating option: Melt 6 ounces best quality dark or semisweet chocolate in bowl over pan of simmering water. Roll the truffle balls in the chocolate to evenly coat. If desired, then roll in ground nuts.
Yield: 24 truffles