Lots of Italian beef, sundried tomatoes, ricotta and gorgonzola cheese stuffed inside Chinese pasta pan seared and served with sesame spiked balsamic-soy dipping sauce.
Potsticker Filling: (Approximate Yield: 12 oz.)
- 21/2 oz. Bonici Beef Topping, Regular Chunk (#102562-269)
- 1/2 tsp. Olive Oil, light
- 3 oz. Ricotta Cheese
- 3 oz. Mexican White Dipping Cheese, commercially prepared
- 2 oz. Gorgonzola Cheese
- 1 oz. Italian Cheese Blend, shredded (whole milk mozzarella, Provolone, skim milk mozzarella, Parmesan)
- 1/4 oz. Sundried Tomatoes, packed in oil, drained, minced
- 1/4 tsp.Garlic, fresh, minced
- 1/4 tsp. Parsley, fresh, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper, table grind
- pinch Cayenne Pepper, ground
- pinch Kosher Salt
- Balsamic-Soy Dipping Sauce: (Approximate Yield: 7 oz.)
- 4 oz. Soy Sauce
- 1 oz. Lemon Juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 oz. Rice Wine
- 1 oz. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/8 tsp. Beef Base
- 3 each potsticker dough sheets, commercially prepared
- 1 each eggs, fresh, whole, beaten
- 1/2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1/8 tsp. sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/8 tsp. green onion, green only, thinly sliced on bias
- Arrange frozen beef topping in a single layer on separate sheet pans. Cover tightly and slack in cooler between 32 and 36F prior to use.
- Heat light olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add in the beef topping and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the beef topping is lightly browned. Remove the browned meat from the pan and place into a mixing bowl.
- Add the ricotta cheese, Mexican white dipping cheese, Gorgonzola cheese, Italian cheese blend, sundried tomatoes, garlic, parsley, black pepper, cayenne pepper and kosher salt to the bowl with the browned beef topping.
- Fold ingredients together until thoroughly combined. Cover and hold below 40F.
Balsamic-Soy Dipping Sauce:
- Combine the soy sauce, lemon juice, rice wine, balsamic vinegar and beef base in a stainless steel bowl. Whisk together until the ingredients are combined well. Reserve for use, cover and hold below 40F.
To assemble single serving:
- Lay out three potsticker dough sheets on a cutting board. Place 1/2 oz. of the potsticker filling (see recipe) in the center of each potsticker dough sheet. Lightly brush the edges of the dough with the beaten egg. Fold each potsticker in half, pressing the edges together to seal it tightly (see photo at top of the recipe)
- Heat the vegetable oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Once hot, add the 3 potstickers and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until the potstickers are golden brown and the filling reaches a minimum temperature of 165F.
- Arrange the potstickers on a serving plate. Portion 1/2 oz. of the balsamic-soy dipping sauce (see recipe) in a ramekin, arrange on the serving plate and garnish with the toasted sesame seeds. Garnish the plate with the sliced green onions.