1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 tsp.ginger, powdered
1/8 tsp. nutmeg, ground
3 T. praline liqueur
1/4 slices, 3 each, bananas, under ripe
3 T. dark rum
1/8 tsp.TABASCO brand Habanero Sauce
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. orange zest, finely minced
3 T. butter
10 oz. pizza dough, prepared
2 T. cornmeal
1/4 c.pecans, toasted, chopped
2 T. melted butter
2 T. white sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 c. creme fraiche
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. In a medium saute pan, add sugar, ginger and nutmeg. Cook over low heat
until the sugar melts and then add praline liqueur. Bring sauce to a simmer
and add bananas. Cook for 1-2 minutes, spooning the sauce over the
bananas until they begin to color. Remove bananas to a plate, leaving the
sauce in the pan.
3. Add dark rum to sauce and simmer gently. (Be careful, the sauce will flame
up). Cook until the flame subsides (1-2 minutes). Add TABASCO Habanero
Sauce, vanilla, orange zest and butter. Cook over low heat until the sauce
reduces to a thick caramel consistency. Remove from heat and reserve warm.
4. On a flat work surface, flatten pizza dough into a 14 circle, leaving a 1/2
raised rim around the edge. Place on a wooden pizza peel sprinkled with
cornmeal. Using a fork, poke holes all over dough.
5. Bake 6-8 minutes until light brown. Remove from oven and spoon caramel
sauceover pizza. Top with bananas and chopped pecans. Return to oven and
bake another 3-4 minutes, until crust is golden brown.
6. Remove pizza from oven and brush the crust with melted butter. Combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle crust with cinnamon sugar. Cut into slices
and top each slice with creme fraiche.