Italian Taco Filling: (Approximate Yield: 22 1/2 oz.)
- 8 oz.Bonici/Pizza Topper Sausage, Beef and Chicken, Small Chunk (#15694-465)
- 1/2 oz. Olive Oil, light
- 12 oz. Marinara Sauce, commercially prepared
- 2 oz. Sundried Tomatoes, in oil, drained, minced
- 1/2 tsp. Chile Powder, dark
- 1/2 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 each Mexican Original 4.5 Corn-Flour Tortillas (15797-621).
- 1 oz. Italian Cheese Blend, shredded (whole milk mozzarella, Provolone, skim milk mozzarella, Parmesan)
Tuscan Salsa: (Approximate Yield: 16 oz.)
- 7 oz. Fire-Roasted Diced Tomatoes, commercially prepared, chopped
- 5 oz. Globe Tomatoes, de-seeded, 3/8 dice
- 2 oz. White Onion, 3/8 dice
- 3/4 oz. Jalapeno Pepper, de-seeded, minced
- 1/2 oz. Lemon Juice, fresh-squeezed
- 2 tsp. Basil, fresh, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. Parsley, fresh, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. Oregano, dried
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic, fresh, minced
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/8 tsp. Black Pepper, table grind
- Cayenne Pepper, ground, pinch
- Arrange frozen beef and chicken topping in a single layer on a parchment lined sheet pan. Cover tightly and slack in cooler between 32 and 36F prior to use.
Directions (Italian Taco Filling):
- Heat the olive oil in a saute pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the beef and chicken topping and saute for 2-3 minutes or until the beef and chicken topping begins to brown.
- Reduce heat to low, add the marinara sauce and sundried tomatoes and simmer for approximately 6-8 minutes. Ensure sauce reaches a minimum temperature of 165F.
- Remove from heat transfer to an appropriate container and hold hot at or above 135F
Lay out corn flour tortillas on a clean work surface.
- Top one half of each tortilla with 2 oz.of the Italian taco filling (see recipe). Top the taco filling on each tortilla with1/4 oz.of the Italian cheese blend.
- Fold the tortillas into a half moon shape and place on a parchment lined sheet pan and bake in a pre-heated 350F for approximately 5-8 minutes or until brown and crisp.
- Arrange 2 each baked tacos on a serving plate with a ramekin filled with 1 1/2 ounces of Tuscan salsa (see recipe).
- Combine the fire-roasted diced tomatoes, globe tomatoes, white onion, jalapeno pepper, lemon juice, basil, parsley, oregano, garlic, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper in a non-reactive bowl and fold together until well combined. Cover and hold below 40F.
Serving Size: 2 ea. Baked Meaty Tacos and 1 1/2 oz.of Tuscan Salsa (Approx. 6 1/2 oz.)