- 6 c. Al Dente Risotto (recipe follows)
- 6 oz. brie cheese
- 1 1/2 c. fresh corn kernels
- 1 1/2 c. pinenuts, roasted and crushed
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 6 c. heavy cream
- As needed, freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c. pureed Fresh Hass Avocado
- 6 each large slightly firm Fresh Hass Avocados, peeled, seeded, large diced*
- As needed for garnish, additional large Fresh Hass Avocado, peeled seeded and sliced*
Al Dente Risotto – Yield 6 cups
- 3 T. olive oil
- 2 1/4 c. Arborio rice
- 7 1/2 c. vegetable broth
* A large avocado weighs about 8 oz. as purchased.
1. Saute rice in olive oil for 2 minutes.
2. Add enough vegetable stock to just cover the rice. Simmer and stir frequently. Once the rice has absorbed most of the stock, add more stock a small amount at a time and let it absorb into the rice while stirring frequently. Continue to add stock, stirring frequently, until it is all absorbed, about 15 minutes. Cool then refrigerate.
Directions (Per Order):
- Place the Al Dente Risotto, brie, corn, pinenuts, salt, heavy cream and pepper into a saute pan and cook down to risotto consistency.
- Mix in the pureed Fresh Hass Avocado.
- Gently fold in the diced avocado being careful not to mush it.
- Place risotto in 6 large shallow bowls for 6 each servings for 2. Garnish with sliced avocado