- Pizza Hut will host a virtual conference on September 29 in its effort to add new permanent team members.
- The conference will highlight employee benefits and the brand’s inclusive culture, the company said.
As the restaurant industry’s labor crisis continues and chains find themselves competing for employees, Pizza Hut is hosting a national virtual conference to recruit 40,000 new permanent team members.
The chain and its franchisees are offering positions at both the corporate level and at franchised restaurants. Most of the jobs are for cooks and drivers.
To attract those workers and to introduce them to Pizza Hut’s culture for new applicants, the company is hosting “Pizza Hut: Pathways to Possibility,” a free online conference, at 1 p.m. (CT) on September 29. The conference will highlight the brand’s inclusive culture, franchise organizations, resume-building opportunities, and potential for career advancement.
The event features speakers both from within and without the Pizza Hut corporate office. Chef Tre Wilcox, a past Top Chef participant and two-times James Beard Award nominee, will appear, along with author, motivational speaker and challenge coach Michael Wigge. Representing the corporate office will be Chequan Lewis, Pizza Hut’s chief equity officer; Cristi Lockett, the company’s chief people officer; Mike Quinn, a Pizza Hut franchisee and president of JJB Brands; and Carri Haller, talent acquisition and training manager for Pizza Hut of Fort Wayne.
Other franchise and corporate employees will join in the conversation, including drivers, managers, franchise owners and regional directors.
The company notes that it offers several benefits, including:
- Life Unboxed EDU, an educational program in which employees can earn college credits through on-the-job experience and training as well as reduced tuition for college courses
- A career path that encourages growth and promotion within the Pizza Hut organization
- Programs like the Pizza Hut Proud Awards, which honor restaurant teams and managers for excellent service to customers, fellow team members and their communities
The virtual conference runs from 1-5 p.m. (CT) on September 29. Attendees can sign up for the free event here.