Feelin’ Lucky? Papa John’s to Celebrate Luckiest Day on Earth – 7/7/07 – by Giving Away 777 Free Pizzas
From Open to Close on 7/7/07, Papa John’s to Give Away More Than One Pizza Every Minute to Those Who Register at papajohns.com
LOUISVILLE, Ky.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Four leaf clovers, horseshoes, a rabbit’s foot, and…pizza? You bet! Papa John’s is celebrating the luckiest day on earth – July 7, 2007, a.k.a. 7/7/07 – by giving customers a chance to cash in on their good fortune…without the help of a lucky charm.
On 7/7/07, Papa John’s will give away 777 large, one-topping pizzas to a lucky group of randomly selected online customers. From open to close, that’s more than one pizza every minute! Beginning Monday, July 2, visitors to www.papajohns.com can register for a chance to win in this once-in-a-century promotion, with no purchase necessary. In addition, one especially lucky winner will receive a Papa Card worth $777 – that’s about one free pizza a month for five years!
And for those whose superstitions are making them hungry, Papa John’s is offering an online jackpot: a large one-topping pizza for $7.77 when ordered at www.papajohns.com on 7/7/07.
“Papa John’s feels lucky to have the greatest customers on earth,” said Jim Ensign, vice president of marketing communication for Papa John’s International, Inc. “What better day than 7/7/07 to share that luck with our customers?”
America’s Sweepstakes King Steve Ledoux – winner of more than 500 sweepstakes, contests, and game shows – has made a career out of capitalizing on promotions like this one from Papa John’s. But according to Ledoux, there’s no secret to winning with www.papajohns.com.
“It may be the luckiest day on earth, but you can’t win if you don’t enter,” said Ledoux. “And with Papa John’s offering its better ingredients, better pizza for just $7.77, anyone who visits the website can be a winner!”
Ledoux adds that the likelihood of winning a free pizza from Papa John’s is very favorable, especially when compared to the odds of winning the big prize in Reader’s Digest sweepstakes (one in 30 million), matching all six numbers in the Powerball lottery (one in 146 million), or picking a perfect NCAA bracket (one in nine quintillion).
Ledoux has certainly earned his crown as America’s Sweepstakes King, thoroughly analyzing every sweepstakes and/or contest he enters. Move over Letterman…’s Top Ten Reasons to enter the Papa John’s 777 Sweepstakes are as follows: Ledoux
1. Entry is a snap! No stamps, envelopes or handwritten entry forms are required. Your prize is potentially only a click away!
2. Lots of prizes – 777 pizza winners and 1 $777 gift card winner. Many sweepstakes only have one or just a few winners.
3. No strings attached! No purchase required, no questionnaire to fill out or any obligation in order to become a winner!
4. Short entry period means fewer entries. Many sweepstakes accept entries over several months or in some cases more than a year. The 7-7-7 entry period is just seven days.
5. Easy to Follow Official Rules! With any sweepstakes up to 50% of entries are disqualified simply because people haven’t read the official rules. The 7-7-7 rules are easy to follow. Basically, an entrant must be 18 years of age or older and there is a limit of one entry per person/e-mail address.
6. Delicious Pizza Prizes! While it’s always exciting to be a winner, not all prizes are created equal. I’ve won my share of tacky key chains and wacky T-shirts.
7. Enter now! My motto is “You can’t win it if you’re not in it!” Often people intend to enter a sweepstakes but procrastinate and miss the entry deadline.
8. Luckiest Day of the Century! This triple 7 won’t be around for another 100 years. Have fun entering, visualize winning the 7-7-7 Sweepstakes and let luck along with positive energy help make you a winner!
9. Pizza Karma! Nothing goes better with pizza than a little karma. Encourage your family, friends and colleagues to enter too! Let your luck rub off on them and who knows they might be a winner too and share their pizza prize with you!
10. Better Odd or Average? The odds are truly in your favor with Papa John’s 7-7-7 Sweepstakes. My built in “sweepstakes radar” makes it clear that the odds of being a winner in the 7-7-7 sweepstakes are superior compared to the average sweepstakes.
Also on 7/7/07, Papa John’s CEO Nigel Travis will be on-board a Boeing 777 en route from the States to his hometown of London. He’ll be carrying a pocketful of Papa Cards – worth $77 each – for passengers on the plane.
Papa John’s is the only national pizza chain to offer online ordering at all of its US restaurants. In 2006, Papa John’s launched 24/7 online ordering, giving customers the opportunity to place orders up to 21 days in advance. The site also features a “repeat last order” function, allowing customers to enter their last Papa John’s order with just a few keystrokes.
Headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, Papa John’s International, Inc. (NASDAQ: PZZA) is the world’s third largest pizza company. Papa John’s has been rated no. 1 in customer satisfaction among pizza chains in the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) for eight years running (1999 – 2007). For more information about the company or to order pizza online, visit Papa John’s at www.papajohns.com.