(Press Release) Dallas, TX, December 12, 2013 – The votes are in, and CSP Business Media LLC has announced Ovention Oven’s Matchbox Oven winner of the Retailers Choice Best New Product Award for the foodservice equipment category in this year’s competition. The announcement was made public on CSPnet.com earlier this week and in other CSP media.
According to the release:
“The winners of the industry’s most significant new-product awards were selected by retailers in the c-store industry in 28 different categories from a pool of hundreds of products that were nominated.
“The contest included products released in the convenience retailing format between Aug. 1, 2012, and July 31, 2013. Candidates were narrowed to a list of three in each category, chosen over the course of one month in online voting.”
Earlier this year, the Matchbox Oven was honored in the National Restaurant Association’s Kitchen Innovations Awards program, and just last month a Matchbox Oven was featured in a design competition-winning restaurant concept displayed at New York City’s Javits Center during the International Hotel, Motel & Restaurant Show. The concept, Pie2, by Global Test Kitchen (part of Dynamik Space Inc.), was the winner of the show’s Foodservice Pioneering Concept design competition.
DESIGN & ADVANTAGES
In short, the dramatically innovative Matchbox is a countertop accelerated-cooking oven designed to provide a wider variety of menu items, higher-quality cooking and greater flexibility than any other type of compact, countertop high-speed oven on the market, and to do it without the need for an exhaust hood. Among key attributes:
- Superior Cooking: Because the Matchbox Oven uses NO microwaves, instead cooking quickly by use of a focused Precision Impingement convection, food texture is not damaged, and baking quality is excellent. In addition, sophisticated temperature controls and an advanced, well-insulated cooking chamber mean temperature is precisely tuned for exceptional and consistent results. The Matchbox Oven lets you cook, for example, a breakfast sandwich, pizza, fresh vegetables, chicken Panini sandwich, chocolate chip cookies and fresh shrimp one after another, perfectly and nonstop.
- Self-Loading/One-Touch Controls: Preload and automatic unload at the end of the cook cycle mean less labor and no possibility of accidental overcooking. One-touch programmable controls mean easy operation.
- Two Side-By-Side Sliding Cooking Surface: Unlike conveyors that flow from one side to the other and lose energy from every opening, the compact-footprint Matchbox employs two side-by-side cooking surfaces that alternate sliding into and out of the cooking chamber in a matchbox motion. The chamber stays closed and sealed during cooking, improving energy efficiency and temperature control.
- Immediately Variable Temperatures: FlextempTM technology give you precise control and lets you change temperatures up OR DOWN by as much as 50°F instantly, which means you can cook different items at different temperatures with no lag time waiting for temps to adjust. You can cook one item at 480°F, bake another at 450°F and then cook again at 500°F in a matter of seconds.
- Faster Service Times: Without microwaves, the Ovention Matchbox cooks at comparable speeds with its sophisticated upper and lower Precision ImpingementTM convection energy. Food is done much more quickly than if cooked in any conventional oven platform.
- Lower Operating Cost: Unlike a traditional conveyor, Ovention’s closed cooking chambers hold heat in efficiently during the cook cycle. Energy usage and heat extraction costs drop by 50 percent, saving thousands of dollars annually.
- No Hood Required: With Ovention's revolutionary closed cooking system and UL certified vent-less operation, operators can install the Matchbox anywhere, even stacked.
- Smaller Kitchen Footprint: Variable cook times, temperatures and heat profiles mean the Matchbox does the work of conveyor, convection and toaster ovens, as well as broilers, grills and Panini presses—all in a compact countertop footprint.
For More Information
For more information on the Matchbox Oven, please see the demonstration videos at www.OventionOvens.com.
About Ovention, Inc.
Ovention, Inc. an independently operated division of Hatco Corporation, is driven by award-winning innovation, integrity and an intense desire to solve problems that others walk away from. That spirit of innovation has produced a series of ovens, including the revolutionary Matchbox Oven, which meet the real world needs of commercial operators. Ovention, Inc. is located at 635 S. 28th Street, Milwaukee, WI, 53215, USA. Phone: 414-615-1227. Web: www.oventionovens.com
# # #