- The New York Pizza Festival will be held April 24-25 through exclusive content streaming via Facebook and YouTube.
- This year’s event features more than 25 leading pizzaioi, including Buddy Valastro, Nancy Silverton, Anthony Mangieri, Giorgia Caporuscio, Tony Gemignani and Jonathan Goldsmith.
Pizza lovers don’t have to jump in a plane and rent a hotel room to attend this year’s New York Pizza Festival—it’s going fully virtual and will feature many of the top pizzaioli in the country.
The New York Pizza Festival: Home Edition is a national, star-studded, two-day virtual event showcasing the talents of America’s most renowned pizza makers, chefs and culinary personalities. Participants can join the festival free of charge from the comfort of their homes on April 24 and 25 through exclusive online content streaming via Facebook and YouTube.
With more than 25 participating pizzaioli, such as Buddy Valastro, Nancy Silverton, Anthony Mangieri, Tony Gemignani, Jonathan Goldsmith and Giorgia Caporuscio, the festival will feature different styles of pizza from some of the best pizzerias nationwide, include the five boroughs of New York as well as Los Angeles, Chicago, Las Vegas and Denver.
Organizers of the New York Pizza Festival noted that this is not a temporary substitute or one-time replacement for the live event that was held on Arthur Avenue in the historic Little Italy district of the Bronx in 2018 and 2019. The home edition aims to build an interactive community of the best craftsmen, producers and pizza lovers across the country through fun and educational content for everyone involved. The event will also raise funds for Slice Out Hunger, a nationwide, volunteer-driven nonprofit that has raised more than $1 million to fund hunger relief efforts around the U.S. since 2009.
Entry to the New York Pizza Festival: Home Edition is free, and there are several different ways to participate:
- Learn how to make pizza at home from some of the best pizza makers in the country. From Sicilian to Neapolitan, these demos will cover how to make a variety of styles of pizza.
- Order a pizza from one of the participating pizzerias to show support for the restaurant industry and local community.
- Win prizes via giveaways and competitions.
- Interact with fellow pizza lovers and some of the most renowned pizzaioli.
- Make a donation to Slice Out Hunger to help feed those in need.
Each participating pizzeria has created two special pizzas that will be available for the weekend of the festival, and $1 from each pie sold will be donated to Slice Out Hunger.