For the New York Pizza Festival, the Belmont Business Improvement District is expecting at least 30,000 attendees to flood the Crescent Avenue in Bronx on October 5 and 6.
“This is an eat-as-many-slices-as-possible event. Every pizzeria is bringing a different pie with unique toppings so it’s worth it to try and make sure to eat every (single) one. We are most happy to simply celebrate pizza in its purest form, being prepared and presented in many styles and amazing flavor combinations by a group of the best pizzaioli in the world,” says Victoria O’Dierno, account executive for the festival.
The following pizzerias will be there:
- Best Pizza (Brooklyn, NY)
- Brick & Wood (Fairfield, CT)
- Brooklyn Pizza Crew (Brooklyn, NY)
- Di Fara Pizza (Brooklyn, NY)
- Downtown Café and Pizza (Glen Cove, NY)
- Forcella (Brooklyn, NY)
- Genuine Pizza & Harry’s Pizzeria (Miami, FL)
- Good Pie (Las Vegas)
- Il Pizzaiolo (multiple locations, PA)
- Kesté Pizza & Vino (Manhattan, NY)
- Levante (Long Island City, NY)
- Marco’s Coal Fired Pizzeria (Denver, CO)
- Metro Pizza (Las Vegas, NV)
- Mission Pizza Napoletana (Winston-Salem, NC)
- Pizzeria Testa (Frisco, TX),
- Pugsley Pizza (Bronx, NY),
- Settebello Pizzeria (Henderson, NV),
- Sorbillo Pizzeria (Naples, Italy & Manhattan, NY),
- Speedy Romeo (multiple locations throughout NY)
- and Zero Otto Nove (Manhattan, NY)
There will also be a special consortium of pizzaioli from Naples, Italyincluding Le Figlie Di Iorio, Vincenzo Capuano, Antica Pizzeria Da Gennaro, Fratelli Salvo, Concettina Ai Tre Santi, Da Ciro and Rossopomodoro.
This festival is more than a celebration of pizza. It will benefit a local New York nonprofit, Slice Out Hunger, founded by Scott Wiener of Scott’s Pizza Tours. The nonprofit has raised more than $300,000 for hunger relief efforts around the United States.
The festival also has a new addition of a street art festival: the Costantino Cutolo Street Art Festival which will feature three world-renowed artists who will paint three murals live amid the hustle-and-bustle, leaving a mark for all to remember the day fondly with.
“Where else can you experience the best pizza makers in a true ‘little Italy’ bringing Naples, NY and the rest of the USA all together? You have to come to believe it,” says O’Dierno.