Boston’s The Gourmet Pizza Introduces 18 New Menu Items, Lives Up to the Promise of Fun Place. Serious Food.®
DALLAS Introducing 18 new signature items, Boston’s The Gourmet Pizza officially rolls out its new menu this spring. In addition to a variety of specialty pizzas, pastas and burgers, the menu also will feature a new design geared toward offering customers a sophisticated and user-friendly experience. Boston’s casual-dining menu features more than 100 items, including salads and sandwiches, along with sports bar favorites, such as wings and ribs.
“After listening to our customer’s requests, we developed menu options they will love combined with a menu design that makes food choices simple,” said Doug MacDonald, president of Boston’s The Gourmet Pizza. “The new menu includes everything from the flying buffalo pizza for more adventurous diners to a bacon cheeseburger. These exciting additions are taking Boston’s in a new direction that our customers will appreciate.”
A few highlights from the new menu include:
· GARLIC SHRIMP AL FORNO: Succulent baked shrimp, spaghetti pasta, mushrooms, artichoke hearts and roasted garlic in a lemon butter sauce with parmesan bread crumbs.
· BAKED CHEESE RAVIOLI: Sweet and spicy sausage, marinara, cheese ravioli, mushrooms and parmesan bursting with great Italian flavors.
· THE FLYING BUFFALO PIZZA: A combination of mozzarella and grilled chicken tossed in buffalo wing sauce.
· EXTREME MUSHROOM NEAPOLITAN PIZZA: Sliced mushrooms, mozzarella cheese, garlic parmesan bread crumbs and Boston’s signature mushroom pesto sauce made with Portobello, shiitake and crimini mushrooms top the crust.
· BACON CHEESEBURGER: Half-pound Angus burger grilled to perfection and topped with cheddar, mozzarella and crisp bacon crumbles. Served with tomato slices, pickles, red onions and lettuce.
· CLASSIC SHRIMP PARMESAN: Lightly breaded shrimp topped with marinara, mozzarella and parmesan. Served with a choice of two sides.
· Boston’s Clam Chowder: Boston’s clam chowder served with oyster crackers.
· ALASKAN HALIBUT: Halibut fillets lightly coated in a Red Hook Ale batter and fried until golden. Served with a choice of two sides
“There were some items that we knew we had to have immediately on the menu – like a burger,” said Bud Boswell, director of purchasing and product development. “Others were creations that we came up with in the kitchen and wanted our customers to experience. In the end it was harder to narrow the menu items down than it was to create them.”
Under the direction of Boswell, the new menu incorporates an exciting array of colors found throughout the restaurant and beverage menu. It also features sophisticated photography and an improved tabbed navigation system, making it even easier for customers to make their dining selections. Extensive consumer testing and analysis over a period of more than a year showed an overwhelming preference for the new menu over the older version.
Boston’s The Gourmet Pizza has experienced significant growth since Doug MacDonald became president in January. The restaurant, which opened in the United States in 1998 in Tempe, Ariz. will be opening its 50th location in Fort Worth, Texas in mid-April 2007. The franchise has plans to open 20 additional locations in 2007, all featuring the new menu.
About Boston’s The Gourmet Pizza
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Boston’s The Gourmet Pizza mirrors its sister company, Boston Pizza, the No. 1 casual dining brand in Canada. Introduced in the U.S. in 1998, Boston’s The Gourmet Pizza is franchised by Boston Pizza Restaurants, L.P. Boston’s offers a contemporary, sit-down family dining atmosphere with a separate sports bar customized with local team memorabilia. The result is a fun, high-energy setting for families and sports enthusiasts alike. While Boston’s specializes in gourmet pizza and pasta, the casual dining restaurant menu features more than 100 items including salads and sandwiches, along with sports bar favorites, such as wings and ribs. With annual system wide sales exceeding $600 million, Boston Pizza and Boston’s have more than 300 outlets throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico. Boston’s The Gourmet Pizza’s first store opened in 1998 in Tempe, Ariz., and the company is now approaching its 50th opening in the United States scheduled for mid-April 2007. Boston’s grows primarily through franchises and currently has agreements to develop more than 20 new restaurants throughout the United States by the end of 2007. For more information, visit www.bostonsgourmet.com .