Nothing gets a person hungry for pizza like a great Instagram photo. And according to Italy4Real, an Everett, Washington-based company that provides tours around famous Italian cities, no pizzeria does Instagram better than Eataly in New York City.
Italy4Real recently compiled a list of the 100 most Instagrammed pizzerias in the U.S. They started with a TripAdvisor list of more than 1,000 pizza restaurants around the country, then used Instagram’s geo-tag feature to determine how many photos had been tagged at each restaurant.
Eataly’s NYC Flatiron location took the top honors—no one else came close. Eataly is known for its woodfired Neapolitan-style pizzas as well as a bevy of pastas and an impressive selection of fine wines.
Eataly, which also offers groceries featuring Italian products, hardly even needs to shoot its own Instagram photos since customers happily do it for them. Their account is packed with high-quality photos of customers—a total of 201,567, according to Italy4Real—who have tagged the restaurant during their visits.
What about Eataly’s other seven locations in major U.S. cities? In fact, their Chicago store came in at No. 2 on the list with 90,611 tagged photos.
Here are the Top 10 Most Instagrammed Pizzerias in the U.S.
1. Eataly NYC Flatiron, New York, NY—201,567 photos
2. Eataly Chicago, Chicago, IL—90,611 photos
3. Russian River Brewing Company, Santa Rosa, CA—71,615 photos
4. Roberta’s Pizza, New York, NY—50,872 photos
5. Giordano’s, Chicago, IL—40,853 photos
6. Lombardi’s, New York, NY—40,523 photos
7. Giordano’s Chicago Loop, Chicago, IL—31,956 photos
8. Pequod’s Pizza, Chicago, IL—26,277 photos
9. Bar Bocce, Sausalito, CA—25,257 photos
10. Grimaldi’s Pizzeria, New York, NY—24,993 photos