Growth to Increase with Area Agreements in Place
TOLEDO, Ohio–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Marco’s Pizza, headquartered here and home of the Ah! Thentic Italian Pizza, is continuing to spread the word outside the Midwest and plans to expand into 10 states by the end of 2007. And though Marco’s has grown 25 percent since the veteran team of franchise development experts assumed the franchising rights in 2005, company officials believe the growth will be even greater in the coming years.
According to Jack Butorac, Jr., who acquired the franchise rights from Marco’s founder Pasquale “Pat” Giammarco, a native of Italy, the table is set for even more explosive growth.
“We have laid the foundation for expansion, now we must execute,” the Marco’s Franchising President said.
Butorac pointed to:
- There are now 150 Marco’s Pizza stores in Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Nevada, Wisconsin, Arizona and soon North Carolina and Florida.
- We now have nine area agreements in place in nine different markets which will speed up the increase in growth.
- Last year, Marco’s added a construction specialist to its staff to assist in new store construction.
- Former Domino’s Pizza President Dave Black, who led that company when it grew from 1,500 to 5,000 units, joined the Marco’s team as executive vice president of operations.
- The company rolled out a new branding effort which focuses on its Italian heritage and includes a new pizza box that has been cited in national competition for food packaging.
“Dave Black joined a veteran franchise development team that already includes Cam Cummins, Bryon Stephens, Bob Krumm, Clint Hamet, Syl Sosnowski and Deb Allen,” Butorac said. “We have the people and pieces in place to continue our growth pace, which is substantial for chains over 100 units.”
Marco’s Pizza offers customers a menu of custom made Ah! Thentic Italian Pizzas, fresh baked subs, chicken wings, salads and soft drinks with carryout, delivery and some sit-down service. Additional information is available at www.marcos.com or by emailing email@example.com.