NEW YORK, NY, February 28, 2007 – Starting this Sunday, March 4th thousands of restaurant and foodservice industry professionals will demo, touch, taste, smell, compare and source all the latest products and services required to run a successful foodservice business. The 14th annual International Restaurant & Foodservice Show of New York will be held March 4-6, 2007 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City. There are dozens of story ideas; here are some of the highlights:
· Special Session: ‘Going Trans Fat Free’ With little time left to go Trans Fat free in New York City, a panel of industry experts will speak to restaurateurs and chefs about how to transition their establishments to comply with the city’s new regulations. The special session will feature an opening address by Dr. Thomas R. Frieden, Commissioner of NYC Department of Health & Mental Hygiene.
· The Ultimate Barista Challenge(tm) is an action packed competition where baristi, someone who professionally prepares coffee, compete in a dueling stage of identical espresso stations to shake, not stir, their espresso cocktails, to prepare beautiful caffe latte art, blend espresso frappe and brew the best they have.
· Nation’s Restaurant News New Product Gallery – Featuring more than 200 new products, there’s no better place to source new menu items, drinks, equipment and solutions. All attendees visiting the Gallery will vote for their favorite new products in the People’s Choice Awards. Categories include: Beverage (alcohol), Beverage (non-alcohol), Dessert, Entrée, Environmental Safety, Equipment (heavy), Equipment (light), Flooring, Healthy Food, Snack and Technology. Winners will be announced on Tuesday, March 6 at 2:30 pm.
· Japanese Demonstration Theater – In the Japan Pavilion, twenty-five food and product vendors will be on display, some of which are making their international debut. The subtle flavors and texture of Japanese Premium Rice and richly marbled Wagyu will be available to sample along with artisanal Kelp and White Sesame Oil. Attendees will have a chance to experience regional delicacies while seeing them prepared on stage before their eyes by culinary professionals and producers from Japan.
· Paris Gourmet will present The 18th Annual U.S. Pastry Competition to select the 2007 “Pastry Chef of the Year” on Sunday, March 4th. Rainforest is the theme as pastry chefs from around the world will display their talents and skills by creating advanced level desserts and highly technical chocolate and sugar sculpted showpieces.
· PMQ’s New York Pizza Show – The best pizza makers from China, Luxembourg, Spain France, Italy, Canada, Australia and New Zealand vie for the America Plate Pizza Competition. Vincent Pastore, of the Soprano’s and Dancing with the Star’s will be judging.
· NEW! The New York Wine Expo. Sip and discover the world of wine at the Show when 40 wineries from around the globe display their products each day. Catch this preview of the extensive New York Wine Expo coming in 2008. Produced by the creators of the Boston Wine Expo, the largest consumer wine event in the country.
· The prestigious Barfly Group offers Restaurant Rookie Boot Camp for those new to restaurant operations. In addition, NYSRA’s Educational Foundation will honor Nick Valenti, Chief Executive Officer of The Patina Restaurant Group during their TY Awards Dinner. The Industry Partner Award will be presented to The Coca-Cola Company, for its immeasurable contributions to the foodservice industry. This event will take place at the Marriott Marquis on Monday, March 5.
Editor’s Note: For press credentials, visit the press room 1A01 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center or call 978-475-4441.
WHEN: Sunday, March 4, 2007 10:00am – 5:00pm
Monday, March 5, 2007 10:00am – 5:00pm
Tuesday, March 6, 2007 10:00am – 4:00 pm
WHERE: The Jacob K. Javits Convention Center, New York, NY
PRODUCED AND MANAGED BY:
The International Restaurant & Foodservice Show of New York is owned and sponsored by the New York State Restaurant Association. The event is produced and managed by Reed Exhibitions, the world’s leading events organizer. In 2006 Reed brought together over six million industry professionals from around the world generating billions of dollars in business. Today Reed events are held in 34 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Asia Pacific, and organized by 37 fully staffed offices. Reed organizes a wide range of events, including exhibitions, conferences, congresses and meetings. Its portfolio of over 460 events serves 52 industry sectors. For more information call (888) 334-8705 or visit www.internationalrestaurantny.com.