To offset dine-in service losses due to the pandemic, famed Minneapolis eatery Pizzeria Lola has begun offering a selection of frozen take-home pizzas that will range in price from $13 to $19, according to the Pioneer Press.
Chef Ann Kim, a James Beard Award winner who was featured on PMQ’s cover in November 2011, is not currently offering dine-in service at her restaurant. But Pizzeria Lola, along with Kim’s other restaurants, Hello Pizza and Young Joni, will provide five frozen or take-and-bake pizzas, including:
- The Old Reliable with red sauce, mozzarella and pecorino
- The Margherita with Italian red sauce, fior de latte, olive oil and fresh basil
- The Korean BBQ with beef short ribs, mozz, scallions, arugula, sesame and a soy-chili vinaigrette
- The My Sha-Roni with red sauce, mozz, pepperoni and fennel sausage
- The Hawaii Pie-O with applewood-smoked bacon, pineapple, mozz, provolone, cream and serrano peppers.
Pioneer Press reporter Nancy Ngo was impressed by the frozen offerings. “We sampled some of the pizzas and can’t get over how the taste is restaurant-quality despite being previously frozen,” Ngo wrote. “So if you’re feeling like staying at home but want to treat yourself to restaurant-standard pizza, this is a great way to go.”