Apr 30, 2010 – SAN DIEGO – The month of May will deliver some tasty additions to Flippin’ Pizza, a North County neighborhood pizzeria with New York-style pizza and a fun attitude to match. For the first time ever, Flippin’ Pizza will offer Pinwheels, Pepperoni Bites and Gluten-free pizza. To showcase the new menu items and foster its notorious community atmosphere, Flippin’ Pizza will host Tweetup events every Monday night during the month of May.
Tweetups will be from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. at the following dates and restaurants:
• May 3 at Knockout Pizzeria in Carlsbad – Attendees will be able order the Pinwheels at the special price of $1 each before the official launch on Tuesday, May 4.
• May 10 at Flippin’ Pizza in Vista – Attendees will be offered samples of the Pepperoni Bites.
• May 17 at Flippin’ Pizza in Encinitas – Attendees will have the opportunity to taste the new gluten-free pie.
• May 24 at Flippin’ Pizza in La Costa – Media and customers are invited for a surprise announcement and major unveiling.
More details about the new menu items:
• At the request of customers, Flippin’ Pizza has created a positively palatable gluten-free pizza. At $9 per 10-inch pizza, each pie will be made-to-order and totally gluten-free.
• The Pepperoni Bites are pepperoni, parmesan and fresh, whole-milk mozzarella rolled tightly into Flippin’ Pizza’s signature hand-tossed dough. Each order includes 5 Bites for $3.00.
• The final newcomer is the Pinwheel: pepperoni, sausage, garlic, parmesan and top quality, whole-milk mozzarella, all wrapped in fresh dough. These will only be available on Tuesdays in May after 2:00 p.m. Priced at $1.00 each for a limited time, Pinwheels will replace last season’s $1 Slice Night Tuesday special.
For more information about Flippin’ Pizza and its menu offerings, visit a local North County store in Carlsbad, La Costa, Encinitas or Vista, or check it out online at http://www.FlippinPizza.com.
# # #
About FLIPPIN’ PIZZA and Knockout Pizzeria:
Knockout Pizzeria’s unique pizza recipe originated in Sicily over 30 years ago. The craze over this pizza in New York made it apparent that the West Coast was missing out and thus, Knockout Pizzeria of Carlsbad was born. Flippin’ Pizza was launched in 2007 as Patrick Farley, owner of the original Knockout Pizzeria of Carlsbad, expanded his concept to more pizzerias in North San Diego County. It is the mission of Knockout Pizzeria and Flippin’ Pizza to be the neighborhood pizzerias that provide a true slice of New York to every customer who walks through their doors. For more information about Knockout Pizzeria of Carlsbad and Flippin’ Pizza of La Costa, Vista and Encinitas, visit www.FlippinPizza.com.